Compact servo motors allow precise positioning
The 8WS motor series makes it possible to implement servo applications that require highly precise synchronization and accurate positioning in limited space. Potential applications include gluing and dosing systems, grippers, measurement and testing equipment, filling systems and robot axes.
Based on 8WSA servomotors, 8WSB gear motors with directly mounted planetary gears are also available.
8WSA servo motor
These brushless motors are offered in four different diameters ranging from 17 to 40 millimeters. The robust, compact 8WS-series motors are specially designed for harsh industrial environments and are available in all sizes with IP54 or IP66/67 protection. Size 4 (ø 40 mm) optionally available in hygienic design with IP69K protection.
The motors are designed for 60 VDC and cover a power range from 7 to 205 watts of continuous power. The integrated absolute encoder has a resolution of 4096 positions per revolution. The double-shielded hybrid motor cable – available in 2 lengths – is connected directly to the motor and can be used in cable drag chains.
- Ultra compact and highly dynamic
- Power range from 7 to 205 watts for 60 VDC DC bus voltage
- Can be used with the B&R ACOPOSmicro drive system
- Robust industrial connectors with optimal EMC shielding
- Size 4 (ø 40 mm) optionally available in hygienic design with IP69K protection
- Pre-assembled hybrid motor cable permanently connected to the motor