In the fast lane with reACTION Technology
With the ability to realize response times of 1 µs using standard hardware, B&R has certainly shaken up the market when it comes to ultrafast automation. With the addition of new function blocks, the range of applications that can benefit from reACTION Technology has been expanded significantly.
- Simulation on the controllerHigh frequencies20 ns resolutionData is stored centrally on the controller and transferred when needed to the reACTION modules, where they are stored in memory.The selection of reACTION function blocks is constantly growing, with new blocks available in the field by upgrading the firmware.When reading digital inputs, a reACTION program can determine exact changeover times with a resolution of 20 ns in addition to the current input states at the start of the cycle.
New function blocks
The selection of reACTION function blocks is constantly growing.
- With reACTION Technology, time-critical subprocesses are executed directly on the I/O module, which removes these limiting factors from the response time equation. Yet although execution is distributed, the software itself remains centralized – making programming just as straightforward as with a conventional control solutions.
- Ultrafast I/O responses
- For both low-end and high-end systems
- Fully integrated
- Open IEC 61131 technology
- Centralized software management
- Decentralized program execution
- In a conventional control solution, each I/O signal must be sent over the network to the central controller, where it is processed and then returned to the I/O module. Response times are therefore heavily influenced by network performance, the number of nodes on the network, controller performance and the load on the controller.
- Response time depends on:
- Network performance
- Number of nodes in the network
- Network traffic
- CPU performance
- CPU load
Your bonus package
Virtually every industry has certain processes where timing is especially critical, and where precise execution is essential to both product quality and production output. Traditionally, the microsecond response times demanded by these processes have required complex, dedicated solutions – with an exorbitant price tag to match.
But not anymore. B&R's reACTION Technology now brings response times down to one microsecond – simply and inexpensively – using standard hardware and software components.
Standard hardware and software
reACTION Technology, on the other hand, is based entirely on standard I/O and control modules from B&R's X20 and X67 series. When it comes to integrating hardware, there is no difference between standard modules and reACTION modules. The same goes for the programming. Applications featuring reACTION Technology are developed in the familiar Automation Studio environment, so developers with prior experience working with Automation Studio can implement reACTION solutions with no additional training.
Ultrafast and inexpensive
Priced only slightly higher than B&R's standard I/O modules, reACTION modules bring ultrafast automation to a much broader range of machines than ever before. Improved output and quality are no longer unaffordable luxuries.
The reACTION module handles a portion of the processing, relieving both the controller and the network and in many cases allowing them to be scaled down. In most cases, the resulting savings more than outweigh the added cost of the reACTION modules.