- 400 - 500 VAC wide range input
- Reliable supply even if one phase briefly fails in 3-phase operation
- High dielectric strength
- Can be connected in parallel for power increase and redundancy
- Reliable operation due to long power failure bypass function under full load and high MTBF (>500,000 h)
- International certification package
- Wide temperature range from -25 to +70°C
- Closed metal housing
- Easy mounting on the DIN rail
The connection terminals and control elements are clearly arranged on the front side and are clearly labeled. The terminals are easily accessible on the bottom and/or top edges on the front of the unit. The large size and stability of the terminals also allow the use of a battery-operated screw driver. Furthermore, the terminals are designed so that the cable does not require heat protection even when using larger devices. These units also have a third minus terminal for easy secondary grounding, thereby further reducing installation costs.
Electronic current limiting protects the electronic installation from overloads and short-circuits. The overvoltage protection protects connected devices in the event that the controlled system fails. The overtemperature protection initiates a continuous reduction of output power when the temperature gets too high until the temperature has returned to the permissible range (thermal load distribution).
To prevent your devices from immediately shutting off when a minimal overload occurs, these power supplies operate according to a U/I characteristic curve on which the operating point moves:
- Output characteristics: The U/I characteristic ensures that highly capacitive loads as well as consumers with DC/DC converters in the input circuit are reliably supplied.
- Overload Design: The output current is limited if a short circuit or overload occurs. Instead of switching off immediately, the unit delivers a continuous output current. The secondary voltage is also lowered until the secondary short circuit or overload has been corrected. Downstream fuses are triggered. Identical power supplies can be connected in parallel without creating any sort of startup problems.
All units meet the EN 61000-6-3 (emissions) and EN 61000-6-2 (immunity to disturbances) standards in the highest respective classes. Furthermore, noise suppression is also provided on the output so that even long, unshielded lines do not emit noise.
- Transient overload protection, to protect the device from voltage spikes on the mains.
- Starting current limitation, which is also functional on warm units. As a result, even the PS3400 (24 V / 40 A) allows protection using standard circuit breakers, which are used in the feed line in any case.
In addition to these functions, EMC will also be included with the CE certification. The power supplies also meet the EN 50178, EN 60204-1 and UL508 LISTED standards in addition to the standard international certifications (IEC 60950, EN 60950, UL 60950, CUL CSA-C22.2 No 60950).