The perfect solution for all machine sizes
Woodworking machines big and small require an optimal hardware solution in order to ensure an efficient configuration. Supported by the unique Automation Studio software package for PLC, HMI, motion, CNC and communication tasks, the extensive product range from B&R provides the flexibility to develop machines with optimized hardware in no time flat, resulting in considerable total cost reductions.
100% motion, CNC and robotics integration
Generic Motion Control (GMC) is a software product from B&R that integrates standard CNC, motion and robotics functionality in a unique control system. With it, the user is provided with an intelligent and efficient solution for a large number of applications. For example, it's possible to connect a moving CNC head (CNC station) to equipment used for transport. In this case, the CNC station moves in time with the transport equipment. The CNC program then runs continuously while items are being transported. This efficient and intelligent solution results in increased productivity.
Integrated safety technology
openSAFETY is modularly structured integrated safety technology. Short cycle times guarantee fast response times in safety circuits. Intelligent electronics replace traditional safety wiring and allow coordinated safety reactions for extremely reliable and efficient production processes.
A calculable development process guarantees the lasting value of your system. Configurable, predefined functions for different machine processes reduce the effort needed during development. Individual customer wishes can be implemented using software libraries that meet international standards as well as custom function blocks that reflect the technological know-how of the customer. The scalability and compatibility of the hardware provide the foundation for reusability.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
For a woodworking machine in a harsh 24/7 production process, a minimum amount of downtime is just as decisive as smooth running in automatic mode. Intuitive diagnostic functions, open interfaces, worldwide availability of automation components and a reliable international partner are all combined to provide optimal support.
Total cost of ownership
System decisions are being made more and more with total cost in mind. B&R supports its customers by providing high availability, uniform operation, modular device structures, compatibility with the entire system and a worldwide support network. With B&R, you gain a partnership that pays off.
Open and flexible architecture
B&R systems are open for standard communication interfaces, both at the machine and the ERP level. The same controller software can be used in a wide variety of devices; the only things that need to be configured are the communication medium itself and the protocol. Dynamic I/O configurations allow the same software to be used for different hardware topologies. The result is a cost-efficient and highly flexible solution.
- 16 simultaneous CNC channels
- 15 axes for each CNC channel
- Dynamic connection and disconnection of axes to and from the channels
- Up to 100 axes or spindles
- Custom PLC/CNC functions
- Tool table with up to 499 entries
- Configurable Interpreter for the highest level of integration between the CNC and the controller, as well as for user-defined functions in ISO code
- Open platform for heterogeneous drive systems: servo motors, stepper motors, hydraulic axes, direct drives
- Integrated software for fine, dynamic and highly precise hydraulic control
Roll neck milling
- Evaluation of a wide variety of measurement data to optimize the drying process
- Energy-optimized regulation of temperature and dampness
- Compact hardware solution
- A direct connection between MATLAB / Simulink and B&R Automation Studio allows quick implementation of complex mathematic models
- High CPU performance for calculating mathematical models
- No memory limits