Have you acquired skills for effective and efficient organization and communication during your professional and personal development and are you open to further developing these skills? Do you feel comfortable in a varied and challenging job? Is accurate and solution-oriented work for new and routine tasks important to you? Do you enjoy working in a highly motivated team, are you open to new ideas and enthusiastic about your work? Then you've come to the right place!
JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - Start your own success story at B&R!
Location: Essen (Germany)
Working time model: 38.5 hours per week flexitime with 2 optional home office days per week
- Your responsibilities
- Evaluating, selecting and integrating new technologies and features for the SUSE Linux Enterprise operating system that is used as well as hardware for our products
- Providing necessary security updates for the SUSE Linux Enterprise operating system to our customers
- Designing, specifying, developing and adapting intuitive tools for system installation and configuration
- Optimizing, structuring and supporting the build, integration and deployment process for our products
- Cooperating and coordinating with other IT departments within the corporate group
- Handling administration of our IT environment based on SUSE Linux Enterprise and our network infrastructure
- Your background
- Very good knowledge of the SUSE Linux Enterprise operating system, if possible proven by certification as a SUSE Certified Engineer for the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SCE)
- Very good knowledge of the RPM Package Manager
- Experience in creating AutoYaST installation media
- Enthusiasm for the creative integration of new technologies into a complex product
- Programming skills in high-level languages as well as in scripting with Python, Bash, etc.
- Degree in computer science / information technology or extensive professional experience in the field of Linux system administration
- Spirit of innovation and team-oriented attitude that allows for a creative, independent and goal-oriented approach
- Work in an innovative environment at a dynamically expanding company with demanding tasks that become continuously more challenging as you develop personally and professionally
- Work that involves great responsibility in an extremely diverse and interesting field.
- Opportunity to work independently in a dedicated team using modern developer tools
- A structured training program and development opportunities in our company's own Automation Academy
- Flat hierarchies and helpful colleagues as well as fair, respectful and honest interaction
- The chance to present your ideas and be actively involved in the success of the company.
- Flexible working time arrangement (flextime) with possibilities for compensatory time off and up to 8 days home office per month
- Job in an attractive location close to the train station in downtown Essen
We look forward to receiving your application!
B&R Industrial Automation GmbH
An der Reichsbank 8
Tel.: +49 (0)201 / 747770
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. B&R Industrial Automation GmbH is a trendsetter and one of the most successful companies in the field of automation for mechanical engineering and plant engineering. As part of ABB's Machine Automation Division and a leader in innovation, we offer you a job with attractive development opportunities.