B&R is an innovative automation company with headquarters in Austria and offices all around the world. On July 6, 2017, B&R became a business unit of the ABB Group. As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R combines state-of-the-art technology with advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions for machine and factory automation. B&R is constantly redefining the future of automation engineering.
To strengthen our team in the field of Machine Automation, we require:
Sr.Application Engineer - Ahmedabad
Application Engineer is responsible for all developments carried out at region or shared with national team with successful completion of project, coordinate with customers for timeline, update progress of each activity with concern sales and reporting manager. Resolver issues and dissatisfaction at customer locations reported by manager or customer. Maintain safety for himself during site visits and report in case of any deviations or specific observations. Will not be responsible for direct sales, but will support to inform new enquires and activities at various customers, suggestion of hardware for given applications. Responsible for bringing prototype machines into series as quick as possible. Escalation to concern in case of any irregularities.
- Understanding of sales process in general. (Direct or Indirect – potential).
- Support sales with technical presentations and discussions with the customers to make them aware about advantages of B&R solutions.
- Plan and monitor application development status for each assigned tasks.
- Keep the communication channel active with the sales team, customer and the team until the completion of Application.
- Motivate the team members to work effectively with set guidelines. Promote systematic work culture within team.
- Follow coding standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for activities like “New product / project development” starting from specifications till FAT and SAT, “Incremental modifications” for series machines, Machine breakdown support for debug and diagnose, training of customers.
- Escalate issues, hurdles, critical points considering defined time line.
- Timely submission of reports by self to reporting manager.
- Periodic interaction with the customer to ensure smooth workflow.
- Minutes of the meeting with the customer on completion on work.
- Timely & effective work closure.
- Plan for periodic technical upgrades for self after discussions with reporting manager.
- Work towards promoting organization culture among team.
- Plan for improvements of skills of individual based on his own interest, which will support business growth for B&R.
- Growing indirect sales of B&R's solutions and services at region.
- Teamwork is very important for such roles, as full coordination has to achieve between other teams, starting from specifications till closure of projects.
- Maintain and protect B&R / customer IP.
- Handlings spare, support and hardware services for customers.
- Provide regular reports, briefings and reviews as required using the agreed processes.
Attributes and Skills:
- Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Instrumentation Engineering/Mechatronics Engineering degree.
- Preferred few year’s of application development and support experience within Indian business environment, preferably in multinational companies.
- Well-developed understanding of Industrial Automation systems like PLCs, motors, drives, motion control and robotic systems.
- Well-developed understanding of the Industrial IoT market requirements preferred.
- Capacity to establish effective networks in a multicultural setting.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills, with the ability to influence at all levels and address key issues with maximum integrity and professionalism.
- Fluency in English and Hindi, oral and written. Further local languages are a plus.
- Flexibility to travel up to 60%.
- Preferred 2-4 year’s of application development and support experience within Indian business environment, preferably in multinational companies.
- Well-developed understanding of Industrial Automation systems like PLCs, motors, drives, motion control, and robotic systems.
Join the Automation Team!
An intensive training phase is provided at the beginning of your assignment to ensure that you are properly prepared for this position. We offer performance-based pay and varied advancement possibilities at our dynamically expanding company.
If you think that you have what it takes to accept this great position, we want to talk to you!
Please send a cover letter and resume to jobs.in@ br-automation.com