Have you acquired skills for effective and efficient organization and communication during your professional and personal development and are you open to further developing these skills? Do you feel comfortable in a varied and challenging job? Is accurate and solution-oriented work for new and routine tasks important to you? Do you enjoy working in a highly motivated team, are you open to new ideas and enthusiastic about your work? Then you've come to the right place!
JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - Start your own success story at B&R!
- Your responsibilities
- As a developer, you will be involved in the entire process of developing software for a state-of-the-art process control system (DCS). Your tasks will range from requirements analysis, conception and design all the way to implementation.
- As part of the team, you will be personally responsible for handling additional challenging tasks while working with several different types of technology used in advanced software development.
- Your background
- A college or university graduate with a degree in IT, electrical engineering or in a similar field.
- Confident command of high-level languages C, C++ and the scripting language Python
- Experience in developing and applying communication protocols for device connections (ideally SDKs) desired.
- Alternatively: Knowledge of industrial M2M communication protocols such as OPC UA acquired during studies
- Extensive knowledge of Linux and model-driven software development with UML
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware) and compatibility layers (Wine)
- Spirit of innovation and team-oriented attitude that allows for a creative, independent and goal-oriented approach
- An exciting and challenging job in an international high-tech company
- The opportunity to actively contribute and advance your ideas
- A motivated team that overcomes all challenges together
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Customized training and development programs at our Automation Academy
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with hourly or full-day compensatory time and up to eight days of home office per month
- Job in an attractive location close to the train station in downtown Essen
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / home office and much more)
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.