Eggelsberg, Salzburg, Austria
As a software developer and tester in our fieldbus team, you can expect a versatile and varied job that deals with communication technology, hardware and software in equal measure. Together with our fieldbus team, you will be responsible for certification of fieldbus implementations according to international standards, further development of the products, commissioning of the products in combination with products from other manufacturers and integration of our IO slice portfolio in bus controllers with fieldbus interfaces. You can expect a motivated team with a wealth of experience where entry-level employees can find great mentors or experts can put their specialist knowledge to use.
Does this sound like your dream job? JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - and start your career in our International Software Team!
- Your area of responsibility
- Engineering/Programming with B&R Automation Studio as well as with project planning tools from other automation manufacturers
- Independent development of function blocks, libraries and driver functions in third-party environments
- Ongoing development of automated tests for the integration of fieldbus components
- Independent implementation of fieldbus component product integration
- Testing and evaluating prototypes in close cooperation with developers
- Creating project documentation
- Customer support for prototypes (pilot customer support)
- Responsibility as know-how carrier and knowledge mediator at the company
- Your background
- Successfully completed technical education (technical college, HTL) in the field of electrical engineering, electronics, communications engineering or similar
- Ideally professional experience in PLC programming
- Fieldbus knowledge preferred
- Independent and structured approach to work
- Team player with an innovative mindset
- Good German and English skills
- What we offer
- An exciting and challenging job in an international high-tech company
- The opportunity to actively contribute and advance your ideas
- A motivated team with whom you can master new challenges together
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Customized training and development programs at our Automation Academy
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with compensatory time and up to 8 days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / employee cafeteria / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of € 2,620.80 gross/month (HTL graduates at entry level). A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.