Eggelsberg, Salzburg, Graz, Schärding, Wels, Austria
Are you a passionate software developer (f/m/d) with several years of experience in the field of real-time systems and would you like to support us in developing concepts and optimizing real-time processes for our next-generation control technology? Do you have experience in structured project management and know how to properly use tools and techniques to ensure development quality? Do you enjoy working in an fast-paced international environment and want to contribute your knowledge and experience to one of the technology leaders in the automation sector? Then you've come to the right place!
JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - Start a career at our international high-tech company. We can shape the future of industrial automation together!
- Your responsibilities
- Developing a process architecture for deterministic, secure and optimal execution of application-specific real-time processes
- Systematically optimizing real-time processes by applying crucial operating system mechanisms
- Developing optimized drivers for integration of real-time communication interfaces and control of automation components
- Applying appropriate techniques and technologies for modern software development
- Ongoing review and assurance of development quality
- Implementing tasks independently and responsibly
- Your background
- Successfully completed technical education (college/university) with a focus on computer science and relevant work experience
- Relevant experience and interest in developing real-time applications with the highest quality requirements
- Sound knowledge of real-time operating system operation (RT-Linux, VxWorks)
- Sound knowledge of hardware-related software development in C/C++, Python
- Experience with crucial operating system mechanisms (process space separation, cache optimization, etc.)
- Experience in test development with test frameworks (CUnit, GoogleTest, Unity, CMock)
- Experience with metrics and tools to analyze and improve source code quality
- Experience with CMake, Git, Jenkins preferred
- Independent, precise and systematic approach to work
- Communicative, constructive team player
- Fluent German and English
- An exciting and meaningful job in an international high-tech company
- The opportunity to actively contribute and advance your ideas
- A motivated team with whom you can master new challenges together
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Customized training and development programs at our Automation Academy
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with hourly or full-day compensatory time and up to eight days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / home office / employee cafeteria "Orangerie" / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of €3,568.05 gross/month. A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.