Eggelsberg, Salzburg, Graz, Schärding, Austria
Are you a passionate programmer with several years of experience in software development and would you like to actively support us in the development of our OPC UA products based on our real-time runtime system Automation Runtime? Do you have experience in structured project management and know how to properly use tools and techniques to ensure development quality? Do you enjoy working in an fast-paced international environment and want to contribute your knowledge and experience to one of the technology leaders in the automation sector?
Does this sound like your dream job? JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - and start your career in our International Software Team!
- Your area of responsibility
- New and further development of the functionality of OPC UA software components in our real-time runtime system Automation Runtime
- Integration of the software components into our CI system
- Ongoing review and assurance of development quality
- Possibility to participate in international standardization committees (OPC Foundation)
- Your background
- Successfully completed technical education (college/university) with a focus on computer science and at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of software design in C/C++ (C# .NET is an advantage)
- Strong interest in OPC-UA
- Experience in test development with test frameworks (Ceedling, Unity, CMock)
- Experience with metrics and tools to analyze and improve source code quality (e.g. cppcheck)
- Experience with Eclipse and CMake an advantage
- Experience with performance and footprint optimization of software on low-cost hardware is an advantage
- Independent, precise and systematic approach to work
- Communicative, constructive team player
- Good knowledge of English and German
- What we offer
- An exciting and challenging job in an international high-tech company
- The opportunity to actively contribute and advance your ideas
- A motivated team with whom you can master new challenges together
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Customized training and development programs at our Automation Academy
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with compensatory time and up to 8 days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / employee cafeteria / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of € 3,568.05 gross/month. A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.