Have you acquired skills for effective and efficient organization and communication during your professional and personal development and are you open to further developing these skills? Do you feel comfortable in a varied and challenging job? Is accurate and solution-oriented work for new and routine tasks important to you? Do you enjoy working in a highly motivated team, are you open to new ideas and enthusiastic about your work? Then you've come to the right place!
JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - Start your own success story at B&R!
Location: Essen (Germany)
Working time model: 38.5 hours per week flexitime with 2 optional home office days per week
- Your responsibilities
- You will actively design our products and solutions for plant automation and distributed control systems.
- You will continue to increase our already-high quality standards.
- You will work in the Quality Assurance department where you will design, conduct and maintain partially and fully automated tests for our products in close cooperation with product development, support and documentation teams.
- You will use well-known and proven methods for test design and specification.
- You will independently develop test cases in coordination with the team and plan them for feature, regression and performance testing.
- You will design, construct and oversee the testing environments needed to perform testing.
- Your background
- Completed studies with focus on automation technology, computer science or electrical engineering
- Confident use of high-level programming languages (C or C++) as well as script programming with Python
- Alternatively, professional experience in process control engineering and/or automation technology.
- Experience with automation frameworks (robot framework) preferred
- Experience working with the Linux operating system is an advantage
- Spirit of innovation and team-oriented attitude that allows for a creative, independent and goal-oriented approach
- Work in an innovative environment at a dynamically expanding company with demanding tasks that become continuously more challenging as you develop personally and professionally
- Work that involves great responsibility in an extremely diverse and interesting field.
- Work independently with modern developer tools as part of a dedicated team
- A structured training program and development opportunities in our company's own Automation Academy
- ISTQB certification (foundation level), if not already available
- Gain extensive experience using common software quality assurance methods and procedures
- Involvement in evaluating the latest testing tools to further optimize our work processes.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge in the field of automation technology, process engineering and process automation
- Flat hierarchies and helpful colleagues as well as fair, respectful and honest interaction
- The chance to present your ideas and be actively involved in the success of the company.
- Flexible working time arrangement (flextime) with possibilities for compensatory time off and up to 8 days home office per month
- Job in an attractive location close to the train station in downtown Essen
We look forward to receiving your application!
B&R Industrial Automation GmbH
An der Reichsbank 8
Tel.: +49 (0)201 / 747770
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. B&R Industrial Automation GmbH is a trendsetter and one of the most successful companies in the field of automation for mechanical engineering and plant engineering. As part of ABB's Machine Automation Division and a leader in innovation, we offer you a job with attractive development opportunities.