In this independent and diverse position, you will play an important role in strengthening growth in the Central Europe region (Austria, Germany, Switzerland) by supporting our country managers as well as the local Sales team in achieving the defined strategic goals. As the central contact person at headquarters, you will be the interface between the country subsidiaries and headquarters and in this role you will be responsible for exchanging information about current issues as well as processes, products, etc.
JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - and start your career at our international high-tech company now!
- Your area of responsibility
- Develop sales strategies and then implement them in the Central Europe region in close coordination with the Strategy Manager
- Execute market and target group analyses as well as regular surveys of customer needs in the region
- Define the country-specific sales and market strategy together with the country managers and coordinate with global and regional strategic thrusts
- Support our local sales teams in target customer specific activities (e.g. Preparing and taking part in customer visits, preparing and holding of presentations, preparing specific calculations for price sensitive negotiations)
- Process internal inquiries and/or coordinate between the involved corporate functions
- Participate in trade fairs or events in the region and provide support for regional marketing activities
- Your background
- Completed technical education (HAK, FH, University, etc.) ideally with a focus on automation technology, electrical engineering, electronics or mechatronics
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in technical sales for automation products is required
- Communicative, open and customer-oriented with very good etiquette
- Very good German and English skills
- Team player with hands-on mentality
- Well-familiar with MS Office, SAP knowledge is a plus
- Willingness to travel at least 40% of the time
- What we offer
- A challenging and exciting area of activity with room for creativity
- A motivated and ambitious team
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Customized training and development programs at our Automation Academy
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with hourly or full-day compensatory time and up to 8 days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / home office / employee cafeteria "Orangerie" / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / Parental Leave Program / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of € 3,398.14 gross/month. A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.