Linz, Eggelsberg, Austria
Control technology is a decisive factor in the automation of processes. Whether it is the upright gait in the human body, the ABS in a car or the autopilot in an airplane, complex processes can only be controlled and robustly pushed to their physical limits by control algorithms. In industrial applications, a steadily increasing degree of automation will further increase the importance of control technology. Even more, it will be key to innovation and thus make a decisive contribution to B&R's market success.
Would you like to help us shape the future of automation technology? JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - and start your career with our international team!
- Your area of responsibility
- Development of model-based control algorithms in the application areas hydraulic drive technology, temperature control, tension control in web-processing machines, vibration control in gantry crane systems and robotics
- Modeling and simulating the corresponding processes
- Applying these concepts to standardized software products
- Implementing machine learning (AI) algorithms
- Commissioning support for new developments
- Presenting B&R's control technology products to customers
- Holding internal training courses on the subject of control technology
- Your background
- Completed master degree (technical college/university) with a focus on mechatronics, electronics, electrical engineering, information technology, telematics or equivalent professional experience
- Comprehensive knowledge in the areas of closed-loop control and mathematics required
- Very good programming skills in C / C++
- Practical experience building models and controllers for mechatronic systems
- Experience with the simulation tool MATLAB/Simulink
- Good English skills
- Structured, analytical and independent approach to your work
- High level of intrinsic motivation and communication capability
- Enthusiasm for high-quality technical system solutions
- What we offer
- An exciting and challenging job in an international high-tech company
- The opportunity to actively contribute and advance your ideas
- A motivated team with whom you can master new challenges together
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Customized training and development programs at our Automation Academy
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with compensatory time and up to 8 days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / employee cafeteria / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of € 3,398.14 gross/month. A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.