Eggelsberg, Salzburg, Austria
Over 90 locations around the world rely on our central IT services. Our IT specialists in Eggelsberg maintain, optimize and continually upgrade over 3,000 end devices as well as a global network that operates 24/7 using a large number of server and storage systems in our own TÜV-certified data centers as well as the latest application software.
In this position, you will provide support to our team for the daily operation of the server infrastructure. You can expect exciting insight into a global IT system and the chance to constantly learn new technologies. We will consider experienced specialists and recent graduates with little IT experience.
Does this sound like your dream job? JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - and start your career with our IT team!
- Your area of responsibility
- Supporting the virtual Microsoft server infrastructure
- Supporting storage systems (especially NetApp and HPE)
- Contributing to the support of backup and virtualization environments
- Administration, configuration, monitoring and further development of the supported systems
- Supporting the help desk in the context of 2nd/3rd level support
- Implementing server projects and sub-projects
- Continually evaluating new technologies
- Your background
- Successfully completed technical education (HTL with focus on IT or similar) or comparable practical experience
- Professional experience in a Microsoft Server environment
- Strong knowledge in the area of storage, backup and virtualization desirable
- Knowledge of Linux and scripting (Powershell) is an advantage
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team with a strong sense of commitment
- What we offer
- An exciting and challenging job in an international high-tech company
- Structured and individual training in the field of activity
- A motivated team with whom you can master new challenges together
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Customized training and development programs at our Automation Academy
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with compensatory time and up to 8 days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / employee cafeteria / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of €2,954.71 gross/month. A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.