Over 90 locations around the world rely on our central IT services. Our IT experts at the company headquarters in Eggelsberg maintain, optimize and continually upgrade over 4,000 end devices as well as a global network that operates 24/7 using a large number of server and storage systems in our own TÜV-certified data centers in Eggelsberg as well as the latest application software.
In this position, you will provide support to our team for the daily operation, expansion and further development of the global network infrastructure. You can expect exciting insight into a global IT system and the chance to constantly learn about and evaluate new technologies.
Does this sound like your dream job? JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - and start your career with our international IT team!
- Your area of responsibility
- Administration and further development of the network infrastructure and architecture at our headquarters and international locations
- System responsibility for network components (depending on personal interest and experience, WAN, LAN, routing, switching, VPN, WLAN, firewall, etc.)
- Joint responsibility for network security
- Coordinating external partners
- Independent implementation of (partial) projects and collaboration in international IT projects
- Problem solving and making improvements to the global network infrastructure
- Consecutive evaluation of new and existing technologies to be used on our networks
- Supporting the international subsidiaries and close cooperation with the manufacturers
- Your background
- Technical training or comparable experience with a focus on networking
- Very good understanding of current network technologies and architectures
- Professional experience as a network technician
- Highly interested in and dedicated to working with IT networks and security
- Training certificates in the area network (for example, Cisco) an advantage
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team with a strong sense of commitment
- Willingness to participate in training
- Exciting and responsible job with development opportunities
- The opportunity to actively contribute and advance your ideas
- A motivated team with which you can master new challenges together. Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation and communication at eye level an informal work culture
- Customized training and development programs at our Automation Academy
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with hourly or full-day compensatory time and up to 8 days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / home office / employee cafeteria "Orangerie" / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of € 3,102.45 gross/month. A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.