ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is looking for an Internal Control Manager for B&R Industrial Automation (B&R) and its subsidiaries worldwide based in Eggelsberg, Austria, near Salzburg. Your role will help to write the future by actively shaping the next level of Internal Controls for B&R. The Internal Control Manager is a key member of the Finance team and the global Robotics & Discrete Automation Internal Control team. In this role you will report to the Head of Internal Control for Robotics & Discrete Automation.
JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - and start your success story in our international high-tech company!
- Your responsibilities:
- Drive and shape a strong control environment in cooperation with the responsible operational management B&R worldwide.
- Evaluate and improve the control environment and operational effectiveness for B&R and its subsidiaries and ensure compliance with ABB’s policies and procedures. Implement internal process controls within B&R subsidiaries.
- Support process walkthroughs with responsible process owners to identify control gaps and improvements in pursuit of high-quality risk and control execution.
- Drive the implementation of standardize processes and controls to simplify and rationalize the internal control environment. Define and implement process automation applications in close cooperation with IT in order to strengthen the control environment and to drive efficiency.
- Support for Segregation of Duties (SoD) in and across IT-systems together with business and IT – assessing SoD conflicts, support in designing mitigating controls where SoD conflicts are unavoidable.
- Drive the remediation and deficiency assessment process and proactively work with the Process and Control owners to define the deficiency root causes and to establish proper remediation plans.
- Responsible for professional expertise relating to Internal Control over Financial Reporting.
- Deliver periodic training and expertise to Process Owners, Control Owners and Control Performers to ensure successful execution of roles and responsibilities.
- • Responsible for the implementation of local or group wide methodology changes.
- Your background:
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent qualification
- Preferably 5-8 years of experience in internal control or audit
- Professional qualification equivalent to CPA/CIA is an advantage
- Good business knowledge and working experience around process improvements
- Solid understanding of Internal Controls methodology & practices
- US GAAP knowledge is an advantage Solid understanding of ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Hands-on and solution-oriented personality
- Good project management and coordination skills
- Proven ability to effectively work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- High commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Intercultural people skills
- Readiness to travel
- Fluent in German and English language (spoken and written)
- We offer:
- An exciting and challenging job in an international high-tech company
- The opportunity to actively contribute and advance your ideas
- Interesting, fascinating and varied activities within a motivated team
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Structured training and development opportunities in our "Automation Academy"
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with hourly or full-day compensatory time and up to 8 days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / home office / employee cafeteria "Orangerie" / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of €3,398.14 gross/month. A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.