To expand our team in the Global Sourcing department, we are looking for a Head of Global Sourcing for Indirect Material & Services. This position has been newly created in particular for further internationalization and to secure growth targets. In this exciting leadership role, you will analyze our international procurement activities in this segment and further develop the organization, processes and tool landscape in close coordination with the ABB Group. You will create the prerequisites for ensuring that compliance requirements and group guidelines are adhered to in national and international environments on a sustained basis. You will monitor supplies in close coordination with all relevant internal and external interfaces and procure the necessary indirect material and services at competitive prices together with your highly effective team.
Does this sound like your dream job? JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - Continue your career with our International Purchasing team!
- Your responsibilities
- Together with your team, you will be responsible for all strategic and operational procurement activities in the "Indirect Spend" area, taking into account group guidelines and compliance requirements
- You will participate in important negotiations and ensure the conclusion of corresponding contracts, taking into account strategic objectives
- In coordination with the Head of Global Sourcing, you will develop the objectives for the respective commodities and implement them together with your team
- You will analyze national and international procurement markets and define global commodity strategies
- You will play a central role in building a global sourcing organization for these commodity groups
- You will ensure the creation and implementation of consistent global processes for "Indirect Spend and Services" procurement in coordination with ABB and "Fulfillment"
- You will set up structured reporting and ensure it is continuously used
- You will define cost targets and develop savings potential in close coordination with Global Sourcing management
- In case of high escalation levels, you will personally intervene (availability/quality) and develop measures to minimize risks
- Leadership and further development of employees inspires you (professional and disciplinary leadership)
- Your background
- Completed commercial-technical training (Austrian HAK, HTL or university/college)
- Several years of relevant professional experience in international purchasing
- Market knowledge and "Indirect Spend" experience preferred
- Confident handling of MS Office applications, experience with SAP module MM desired
- Very good German and English skills
- Intercultural experience
- Team-oriented personality with excellent negotiation skills
- You have a hands-on approach and enjoy a varied job with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Leadership experience
- An exciting and challenging job in international purchasing
- The opportunity to actively contribute and advance your ideas
- A motivated team with whom you can master new challenges together
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with hourly or full-day compensatory time and up to 8 days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / home office / employee cafeteria "Orangerie" / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of € 3,913.80 gross/month. A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.