Location within Europe, Austria
For B&R, ABB’s Machine Automation Division, we are looking for a Global Product Group Manager with the responsibility to drive the long-term profitable growth and optimize business success of our motion portfolio.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Management, this senior manager will run the global business end to end, optimize performance on global scale, execute product strategy, deliver expected results, live ABB culture and Group standards.
Accountable for the Product Group P&L you will manage resources and teams to execute the strategy, drive innovation, adapt products and solutions to market requirements, in the best interest of B&R.
JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - and start your success story in our international high-tech company!
- Your responsibilities
- Heading up studies of market intelligence, defining market segmentation and related product positioning. Identifying new market opportunities for the existing portfolio.
- Developing ambitious business and a product strategies, leading its implementation from ideation to development, industrialization, and market penetration.
- Tracking performance metrics and benchmark KPIs.
- Defining the customer value proposition for segments and channels, ensuring clear communication, and performing Sales enablement activities.
- Establishing an international network and strong relationships with key partners and customers. Representing their voices and their requirements within our organization.
- Initiating and driving cross-functional product and solution innovation teams to ensure that our products and solutions meet market needs as well as product group’s strategy and target throughout all phases of their life cycle.
- Driving the annual business planning process, monitoring global sales targets. Contributing to the global sales process by defining pricing strategies and managing global frame agreements.
- Developing a strong interdisciplinary team, and inspiring and motivating employees to achieve targets.
- Defines an appropriate organizational structure to support execution of Product Group strategies.
- Continuously develops and manages the products, solutions, systems and service portfolio to achieve and secure market leadership globally.
- Ensures robust analysis of trends/changes in the market and customer dynamics and identifies opportunities for growth.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for Mergers and Acquisitions, as well as Partnerships and Joint Ventures to drive inorganic growth.
- Your background
- At least 10 years’ management experience in a high performing automation company, with focus on motion control, drives and motors
- Sound knowledge of industrial automation and of the motion market
- Management experience across multiple functions like sales, engineering, product development and operational projects
- Strong, well-developed communication, influencing, coaching and management skills
- Strategic and analytical skills combined with the ability to think outside the box and a doer mentality
- Fluency in English, German is an advantage
- The location can be Europe-wide, but regular stays at the headquarters in Eggelsberg (Austria) are necessary (approx. 50/50)
- A broad range of tasks and topics with opportunities for development
- Exciting and meaningful job in an international high-tech company
- A respectful cooperation in a motivated team with whom you can master every challenge together
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation and communication at eye level
- Company car for private use, flexible working hours and up to eight days of home office per month
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software and mechatronic solutions as well as technologies for machine and factory automation. The innovative spirit that keeps B&R at the forefront is driven by a commitment to exceeding customer expectations. B&R enhanced its automation portfolio in 2020 by acquiring a leading provider of delta robots, Codian Robotics. B&R is part of the ABB Group and its Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, which, together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.