Eggelsberg, Vöcklabruck, Salzburg, Linz, Austria
Are you a creative thinker – a true pioneer who identifies innovations and finds unusual solutions? Then you’ve come to the right place! You will work in an interdisciplinary team to find solutions to complex problems in drive technology. You will develop innovative ideas in the area of embedded systems with a focus on FPGA development up to series production. Because our product development is done in multiple locations throughout Austria, we can offer you this position in Eggelsberg, Vöcklabruck, Salzburg or Linz.
This is your chance: Take the next step and be part of it - whether it's FPGA development for mechatronic systems such as ACOPOStrak or for servo drive technology with the highest demands, whether it's helping to design the embedded system of the next drive generation - we develop the systems of tomorrow!
JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM and start your own success story at B&R!
- Your area of responsibility:
- Develop solution proposals within an interdisciplinary project team from the concept phase to series production
- Design and implement (VHDL) FPGA-based systems
- Co-design and development of embedded systems
- Creation of functional simulation, verification and documentation
- Testing and commissioning hardware prototypes
- Use existing tools for version management and continuous integration
- Your background:
- Sound technical education (college/university) in the area of electrical engineering, electronics, telematics or telecommunications
- Knowledge and experience in FPGA design, verification and timing analysis
- Knowledge of embedded programming
- Programming skills, preferably in C and VHDL
- Analytical and solution-oriented reasoning
- Outgoing personality with a high degree of organizational and teamwork skills
- Independent and structured way of working, high self-motivation, as well as team and communication skills
- We offer:
- An exciting and challenging job in an international high-tech company
- The opportunity to actively contribute and advance your ideas
- An personalized training phase for your perfect start at B&R
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Customized training and development programs at our Automation Academy
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with hourly or full-day compensatory time and up to 8 days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / home office / employee cafeteria "Orangerie" / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of € 3,102.45 gross/month. A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.