Eggelsberg, Vöcklabruck, Salzburg, Linz, Austria
Are you a creative thinker – a true pioneer who identifies innovations and finds unusual solutions? Then you've come to the right place! You will work in an interdisciplinary team to find solutions to complex problems in drive technology. In the development of our drive technology, we deal with technical tasks from the specialist areas of control engineering, electric motors and drive trains, modeling, safety engineering, real-time operating systems and optimization in general. Our product development in the field of drive technology is distributed over several locations in Austria, which means we can offer you the position in Eggelsberg, Salzburg, Vöcklabruck or Linz.
This is your chance: We are developing the modern digital drive technology of tomorrow. Together with your team, play a key role in shaping future products and applying the latest techniques.
JOIN THE AUTOMATION TEAM - Start your own success story at B&R!
- Your responsibilities
- Carrying out basic research in the area of static and dynamic path planning
- Designing and implementing control strategies in the field of digital drive technology
- Implementing functional enhancements of bare metal and real-time operating systems
- Creating concepts and kinematic and dynamic models for various power transmission systems
- Software development for the creation of prototypes through to series production
- Creating the project documentation
- Support in the commissioning of new methods for pilot customers
- Your background
- A graduate (college or university) with the focus on electronics, electrical engineering, information technology, mechatronics, telematics, technical mathematics or comparable
- Programming skills in C / C++ preferred
- Experience with embedded systems of advantage
- Structured and analytical approach to work
- A high degree of competence in understanding complex tasks
- High level of intrinsic motivation and communication capability
- Very good German and English skills
- Ideally, knowledge in the area of FMEA and the standards IEC 61508 and EN ISO 13849
- An exciting and challenging job in an international high-tech company
- The opportunity to actively contribute and advance your ideas
- An personalized training phase for your perfect start at B&R
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation, eye-level communication and an informal work culture
- Customized training and development programs at our Automation Academy
- Flexible working hours (flextime model) with hourly or full-day compensatory time and up to 8 days of home office per month
- Numerous B&R benefits (modern offices and IT systems / home office / employee cafeteria "Orangerie" / free hot drinks / sabbaticals / various sports activities and much more)
In order to comply with legal requirements, we refer to the minimum salary of the collective agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the amount of € 3,102.45 gross/month. A clear willingness to increase pay based on qualifications and experience.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB's Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software solutions and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. With its innovative solutions, B&R sets new standards and exceeds its customers' expectations time and time again. Since 2020, B&R's automation portfolio also includes Codian brand delta robots. B&R is part of the ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, and together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.