Perfection in Automation - B&R is an innovative automation company with headquarters in Austria and offices all around the world. B&R is a business unit of ABB. As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R combines state-of-the-art technology with advanced engineering. B&R provides customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions for machine and factory automation, motion control, HMI and integrated safety technology. Communication solutions for industrial IoT (above all OPC UA, POWERLINK and the open standard openSAFETY) complement B&R's service portfolio. In addition, the Automation Studio software development environment is constantly redefining the future of industrial automation engineering. The innovative spirit that keeps B&R at the forefront of industrial automation is driven by a commitment to simplifying processes and exceeding customer expectations.
The B&R automation industries in Frauenfeld and Biel, are the Swiss subsidiaries of B&R have upheld the motto of "Perfection in Automation" for over 31 years with the help mor than 80 employees.
For our subsidiary in Biel we are looking for an Application Engineer for Automation / Vision (m/f)
- Your responsibilities:
- Conception and programming in the field of industrial automation
- Implementation, optimization and commissioning of software projects for our costumers
- Technical customer support for our hardware and software products
- Creation of hardware concepts in cooperation with the sales department
- Your profile:
- You have a university degree (HES or EPF or similar) in electrical engineering, systems engineering or mechanical engineering
- You value direct customer contact and enjoy working in a team
- Your mother tongue is French or German with knowledge of the other language so that you can communicate with your colleagues and customers
- Ideally, you should live in the Biel/Bienne region
- We offer:
- Responsible work with development opportunities within the various B&R departments, such Development or Sales
- Either a 4-month training course (Engineering Camp) at our parent company in Austria or a corresponding training course at B&R Headquarters Switzerland in Frauenfeld for a perfect entry into the job market.
- Possibility of specialising in technological topics such as motion, control engineering, safety engineering, visualisation or vision
- A growing industry with prospects for the future
- Internationally successful company
- Work as part of a highly motivated team
- Flexible working hours
- Starting date:
- Immediately or as agreed upon
We are looking forward to your application!