APROL ConMon is B&R's solution for measuring, recording and evaluating all relevant condition parameters to provide optimal support for the continual improvement process.
The primary goal of a condition monitoring system is to gather and relay the current condition of a system as well as to provide advanced detection or prediction of damage. In order to achieve these goals, the system must provide the following functions:
- Recording, storing and compressing measurement data
- Online monitoring of parameters
- Online linking of parameters
- Evaluating measurement data
- Incorporating and processing of additional data
The solution lies in making informed maintenance decisions based on the actual condition of your equipment wherever possible. Still, there is no one-size-fits-all strategy, and each unit within a plant needs to be taken individually under consideration of legal requirements and what makes the most sense technically and economically. These days, intelligent sensors make these solutions much more affordable and easier to use. With APROL ConMon, B&R offers a pre-installed and pre-configured package that makes implementing condition-based maintenance more straightforward than ever.
APROL ConMon can be used as a standalone solution, independent of any existing building control systems, SCADA systems, process control systems and PLC solutions, or it can be integrated into an existing APROL process control system.
Training for APROL solutions (ConMon, EnMon, etc.) is provided in two seminars: Basic and Advanced.
- Provides the basic knowledge necessary for getting started
- Length of training: 3 days
- Configuring the entire topology (I/O modules, fieldbus systems) using Automation Studio
- Structure and contents of templates for input signals and transducers
- Defining measurement points using an Excel-based tool
- Generating, validating and downloading all of the necessary programs in the ConMon system using CaeManager
- Using web-based ConMon reports including the Alarm Report
- Backup and restore
- Incorporates more advanced knowledge
- Length of training: 2 day
- Trend system including the TrendViewer evaluation tool
- Creating simple process graphics (single-line graphs)
- Using the DisplayCenter
- Using additional web-based standard reports
- Fieldbus technology (PROFIBUS DP, Modbus TCP, etc.)
- Basic functions of control modules (PAL)