Minneapolis, Stany Zjednoczone
B&R is currently looking for highly motivated Sales Engineer to join the Midwest team at the Minneapolis, MN location, which will reports directly to the Territory Manager at this location.
In the role of sales engineer, you will implement automation applications under the supervision of experienced engineers and sales engineers. You will advance your engineering skills into becoming a B&R sales engineer by working with an exciting program that adds a variety of real-life applications and training while utilizing your current knowledge of your field of study.
The extensive development program that B&R has in store for will allow you to be successful in your new position. You will go through several stages of training which includes: B&R engineering camp, application engineering, interaction with different offices and departments, and finally spending time in our B&R sales camp.
Your hands-on projects will include optimizing existing systems and integrating new solutions involving PLCs, industrial computers, process instrumentation, project management and other control devices. This position is responsible for materials specification, design, development, and commissioning customer-specific software solutions using PLC and HMI programming.
You will be able to take all you have learned and provide our customers with state-of-the-art automation solutions.
Overall, the Sales Engineer performs a variety of tasks related to addressing our customer’s application of the B&R automation platform.
- Identify, define, and develop the best technical solution and strategy for customer applications
- Hold in-depth technical presentations and discussions with customers
- Grow sales at existing customers through exceptional sales support as well as the introduction of new/existing products and services
- Develop new accounts for B&R and expand customer base through execution of Target Account Business Plan
- Expand customer base through the development and execution of a Target Account Business Plan
- Develop market intelligence and document this knowledge
- Work with B&R Marketing team to promote sales efforts
- Promote and sell B&R product and engineering capabilities
- Attend yearly sales meetings and workshops
- Travel locally up to 50% of the time with occasional international travel; Passport required
- Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year college or university in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CMPE), Electrical Engineering (EE) or Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Application development experience in a high-level language, preferred ‘C’
- Benefits: : Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Life and Accidental Death, 401K
B&R offers an excellent opportunity to work for an international company with a great working environment. You will be part of a fun, dynamic team and work closely with our Austrian headquarters, partners, customers and B&R colleagues, as well as enjoy a mixture of travel and office time.