Job Description (Duration 1 year)
- In the role of Application Designer you will implement automation applications under the supervision of experienced engineers. As you advance you will develop the necessary skills to begin designing concepts for new applications, supervising trainees, managing projects, and training of less experienced engineers. You will advance your engineering skills by working with an exciting variety of real-life applications and gain knowledge in the interdisciplinary fields of mechanical and electrical systems.
- New engineers will be empowered to provide our customers with state-of-the-art automation solutions. Your hands-on projects will include optimizing existing systems and integrating new solutions involving PLCs, motion control, industrial computers, process instrumentation and other control devices. This position is responsible for, project management, materials specification, design, development, and commissioning customer-specific software solutions using PLC and HMI programming. You will also perform service calls on direct projects or other engineers’ projects as needed.
- The Application Designer will perform a variety of tasks related to addressing our customer’s application of the B&R automation platform:
- Review automation application needs and document requirements
- • Estimate implementation effort to develop automation applications
• Create project plans
• Develop and document control application designs
• Program automation applications
• Develop formal test plans and scripts, then execute testing
• Troubleshoot and resolve application issues
• Track and report project status
• Travel to customer locations to resolve technical problems
- Newly hired engineers will attend a 16-week training program on-line or in Atlanta, GA, USA. In this program, one of our experienced engineers will lead you through a university level automation curriculum that includes:
- • B&R Product Training
• Controls programming
• Motion physics and motion control programming
• Motor training, induction, servo and stepper motors
• Fieldbus systems and controls communications
• PID control
• Programmable safety
• Control program debugging and troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year college or university in Mechatronics. Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CMPE), Electrical Engineering (EE) or Mechanical Engineering (ME) will also be considered.
- Application development experience in a high-level language, preferred ‘C’ and C++
Preferred Experience and Interests:
- Motion control systems
- IEC 61131 programming languages (ladder diagram, structured text)
- In depth knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Visual Studio .NET
- C and C++
- Real-time operating systems and programming in real-time environments
- Great interest in PC- and PLC-hardware applications, mechanical and electrical systems and physics
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer-service ethics
- Desire to work in an international team environment
- Creativity and ability to make decisions
- Project management
Job Description (duration 1 year)
B&R offers an excellent opportunity to work for an international company with a great working environment. We offer extensive B&R product and sales training and we will guide you step by step as you enter into your role at B&R. You will report directly to the Country Manager at our B&R Mississauga, Ontario Canadian office.
Your main responsibilities Technical Sales include:
• Initially help develop new accounts for B&R and expand customer base through execution of Target Account Business Plan
• Meet/Increase sales quotas at existing customers through exceptional sales support as well as the introduction of new/existing products and services
• Work with the Marketing department to promote sales efforts
• Promote and sell B&R product and engineering capabilities
• Attend trade shows to seek out potential customers and to represent B&R
• Identify, define, and develop the best technical solution and strategy for customer applications
• Hold in-depth technical presentations and discussions with the customers
• Attend yearly sales meetings and workshops
• Travel locally up to 50% of the time with occasional international travel.
• A valid passport is required
• Legal authorization to work in Canada. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Life, Accidental Death and Group RRSP plan matching.
Ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Candidate will have sales experience, and must be highly motivated with a team work oriented mindset. B&R invests in its employees; therefore you can expect training in the first six months in order to be successful in this position. On-the-job training and additional trainings will be conducted as well.
If you think that you have what it takes to accept this great position, we want to talk to you!
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org