Our product philosophy: Real industrial design
The intelligent safety technology embedded in B&R's smart digital movers is the key to maximizing both operator protection and machine productivity. Smart reactions to safety events boost machine availability, while ultrafast response times help shrink the machine footprint – a powerful combination that creates unique value.
Intelligent transport systems play an important role in the transition to software-based product changeover and machine reconfiguration. With a large portion of the engineering work shifting from mechanics to software, Automation Studio integrates engineering, configuration and diagnostics to ensure modular usability for the full lifecycle of your equipment.
The centralized control architecture used in conventional intelligent transport systems places severe limitations on track length due to the high volume of communication data. Versatile transport technology from B&R is based on a highly decentralized architecture that allows track lengths in excess of 50 meters.
The perfect solution for
- Variable-pitch transport and positioning
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Elimination of expensive buffer zones
- Variable-speed product transport
- Overcoming limitations of processing speed
- Innovative next-generation machine designs
- Dramatically reduced changeover times
- More profitable short runs
- Replacing chains or belts
- High-precision product processing along the track
From the technology to the product
Find out more about versatile transport systems