This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our website and the provision of our digital services – which also include member areas –, as well as our e-mail contact and newsletter services.
With this notification, we comply with our data protection obligations pursuant to Articles 12 – 14 General Data Protection Regulation (hereafter “GDPR”). When referring to consent as the legal basis of processing in the following, this shall presuppose that you have given consent for the respective processing. If there is no consent, we may not process your personal data. Personal data shall only be processed pursuant to the GDPR and the Austrian Data Protection Act (DSG).
- which data we process or which data we do not process;
- the purposes of processing;
- the legal bases why we are entitled to processing;
- to whom and to which states we transfer your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data;
- which external tools and plugins we use;
- which rights you have in relation with your personal data;
- how you can contact us in connection with data protection issues or inquiries.
- 2.1 When you visit our website
- We will collect the following information when you access our website: access date and time, your IP-address, name and version of your web-browser, the website (URL) you have visited prior to accessing our website, as well as certain cookies (see Section 7).
- 2.2 Additional services on our website
- Registration to the website and setup of the account is done via one of our sales representatives. In addition, we only collect information that you provide yourself on our website; for example in connection with
- filling out the contact forms. We provide you with these contact forms so that you can contact us and we can answer your inquiries. The data will be stored only for the duration of the contact, unless there are statutory retention requirements.
- subscription to the newsletter and order of the free magazine “Automotion”. By providing this service we inform you about news from the company, notify you about the latest products and updates, and also provide editorials articles about current industry trends. You may withdraw consent at any time.
- subscription to download or product notifications. By providing this service we inform you about recent downloads or products in accordance with your preferences and selected time intervals. You may withdraw consent at any time.
- software registration. We offer you the possibility to apply for a trial license of Automation studio free of charge.
- usage of our personal upload service. We offer you the possibility to submit large files to our employees.
- usage of our portals (MyPortal, B&R-Support-Portal, Material Return-Portal, B&R product configurator).
- registration for seminars.
- There is no obligation to disclose the personal data requested on the website. If you do not disclose your personal data, you will not be able to use all features of the website.
- 2.3 Data we do not process:
- We do not process special categories of personal data pursuant to Article 9 GDPR. Such special categories comprise ethnic origin, political opinion, religious or personal beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
- We also do not process personal data relating to criminal convictions and offenses pursuant to Article 10 GDPR.
We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- (i) to provide you with this website, including the member area and to constantly improve and develop this website;
- (ii) to create usage statistics;
- (iii) to detect, prevent and investigate attacks on the website;
- (iv) to respond to your requests;
- (v) to send you news and information via automated notifications (newsletter, download notifications etc);
- (vi) to transmit your files to our employees which you have specified;
- (vii) to grant you licenses to use our products;
- (viii) to process your orders or possible returns, and to administrate customers and seminar bookings;
- (ix) to help you with product configuration.
Regarding the purposes set out in Section 3 (i) to (iv) and (vi), the legal basis for processing your personal data is our prevailing legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR, which is to achieve the purposes stated therein.
Regarding the purposes set out in Section 3 (v), the legal basis for processing your personal data is your express consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR. You may withdraw any given consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Regarding the purposes set out in Section 3 (vii) to (ix), the legal basis for processing your personal data is the performance of a contract or taking steps at your request prior to entering into a contract pursuant to Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
For the purposes set out above, we will transmit your personal data to the following recipients:
- IT service providers commissioned by us;
- B&R Industrial Automation GmbH subsidiaries or B&R Industrial Automation GmbH partners, depending on your selected country (eg in contact forms);
- external accommodation and travel service providers in connection with seminar booking.
Some of the recipients referred to above are located outside your country or process personal data there. The level of data protection in another country may not be equivalent to that in your country. However, we only transfer your personal data to countries for which the EU commission has decided that they have an adequate level of data protection, or we take measures to ensure that all recipients provide an adequate level of data protection. We do this for example by entering into appropriate data transfer agreements based on Standard Contractual Clauses (2010/87/EC and/or 2004/915/EC). Such agreements are accessible upon request at gdpr. @ br-automation.com
If you visit our website without registration, we will keep your personal data for a period of three months. Beyond this period, we will keep your personal data only to the necessary extent to investigate identified attacks on our website.
Most of the cookies on this website are so-called session cookies. They are automatically deleted when you leave our website. However, persistent cookies remain on your computer until you manually delete them in your browser. We use such persistent cookies to recognize you when you visit our website.
If you wish to control cookies on your computer, you can configure your browser to notify you if a website requests to be allowed to store a cookie. You can also block cookies or delete them, if they have already been stored on your computer. Please use the “Help” function in your browser if you require further information how to set these steps.
Please note that blocking or deleting cookies could affect your online experience and prevent you from fully using this website.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA („Google“). Google Analytics uses “Cookies”, which are text files stored on your computer to help the website analyze how users use our website. We process your data on the basis of our prevailing legitimate interest to cost-efficiently generate easy-to-use website access statistics pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address and the URLs of the accessed pages) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. We do not store any of your personal data collected in connection with Google Analytics.
This website uses an IP anonymization feature provided by Google Analytics. Your IP address will therefore be truncated/anonymized by Google as soon as it receives it. On our behalf, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of this website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to us. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You can also refuse the use of Google Analytics on this website by clicking the following link. An out-out cookie will be set on the computer which prevents future collection of your data when visiting this website:
YouTube Plugin (video)
10.1 Social Plugins
Type of data
anonymized IP address, title of website, browser-specific data, data about the usage of the website
IP address, pages visited on the website, accessed videos
The transmission of personal data to the US is based on the EU Commission’s decision C(2016) 4176 of 12.07.2016 („EU-US Privacy Shield“, available at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/ALL/?uri=CELEX:32016D1250. The companies mentioned in this Section have subjected themselves to the EU-US privacy shield framework.
10.2 Contact forms, support
Depending on the country you enter, your data will be transmitted to subsidiaries and/or partner companies of B&R in third countries. You can find a detailed list of subsidiaries and partner companies as well as their locations on our website at locations. For these countries, either adequacy decisions have been issued by the European Commission, or B&R Industrial Automation GmbH has taken appropriate measures to ensure data security.
You are, inter alia, entitled (under the conditions of applicable law):
(i) to check whether and what kind of personal data we store about you and to request copies of such data;
(ii) to request rectification, completion or deletion of your personal data that is inaccurate or processed in non-compliance with applicable requirements;
(iii) to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data;
(iv) in certain circumstances, to object for legitimate reasons to the processing of your personal data or to withdraw consent previously granted for the processing;
(v) to request data portability;
(vi) to know the identity of third parties to whom your personal data is transferred;
(vii) to file a complaint with the competent authority.