With more than 15,000 installations in the field, B&R is a well-established automation partners in this area.
The basis for this is the scalable Sistema X20, which is ideal for use in small, medium and large combined heat and power units. There is, for example, a special module available for synchronization of the generator, another allows condition monitoring via vibration measurement for knock detection.
The cost-effective and customizable C-Series and T-Series visualization units are available with an integrated controller or purely as a display device.
The system is efficiently configured with the Automation Studio development tool, which utilizes open standards, allows connection of other tools (such as electrical configuration and simulation tools) and enables automatic code generation (as provided by MATLAB/Simulink or MapleSim).
Robust control platform
B&R's proven X20 system is characterized by the fact that it can be adapted to any application due to its thinness, modularity and flexibility.
Huge product portfolio, all fieldbus systems
More than 250 different X20 modules allow use in any conceivable application. Interfaces to all the relevant fieldbus systems are available for integrating and connecting the X20 system with various sensors, systems, etc.
Approved for maritime use and an extended temperature range
Nearly all standard system components are certified for maritime applications. This permits their use on ships or offshore and is a seal of quality for the products due to the strict testing that must be carried out. The X20 system offers, with only a few exceptions, a continuous operating temperature range from -25 to +60°C.
Heavy duty construction
In addition to products with IP20 protection, there is also a coated version of the system available that can withstand up to 100% humidity and corrosive gases as well as the X67 system for applications that require IP67 protection.
Mains synchronization for generators
A core functionality of energy technology is to couple a generator to the power mains so that they are synchronized. This is where the X20CM0985-1 mains synchronization module comes in. With over 15,000 installations, this device has proven itself in the field for many years. It combines the full range of functions that are required for this application:
- Synchronizing generators to the power mains,
- Multifunctional measurement tasks,
- Generator protection function and
- Monitoring of power mains parameters
on a module.
Local outputs for status and energy meters
In addition to connectors for current transformers and voltage measurement, the module also has a number of digital outputs for direct wiring. For example, a coupling switch can thus be actuated and external energy meters can also supplied with count pulses. All measured values are available on the controller, which also handles configuration of the module.
Intelligent vibration measurement
The X20CM4810 vibration measurement module is mainly characterized by impressive technical data that is provided at a low price and is easy to operate.
Integrated damage recognition
Complex mathematical calculations for frequency-selective evaluations can be configured directly on the module in order to detect a change without delay and react to it immediately. The raw data from the measurements can, of course, also be loaded onto the controller.
- Technical features of the X20CM4810:
- 4 IEPE channels
- 24-bit resolution
- 51.6 kHz sampling frequency
- Evaluation of frequency-selective broadband parameters
- Evaluation of frequency-selective envelopes or amplitude spectra
- Evaluation of frequency-selective parameters for changing signals
- Raw data memory on the module
The Power Panel C-Series and T-Series are available as cost-optimized visualization devices. The C-Series functions as a controller with integrated PLC functionality, and the T-Series is used as a terminal. Both series are available in various display sizes, formats and panel overlay colors.
- These products are characterized by:
- an extremely compact design,
- an optimized border width without compromising the mounting and sealing surface
- and cost-effective wiring.
Custom look and feel
Customer-specific panel overlay variants are available and after the initial prototypes can even be obtained as individual units.
Efficient development tool
Automation Studio is the ultimate development and runtime environment for every aspect of an automation solution – from control and motion technology to HMI, operation and integrated safety technology.
Automation Studio revolutionizes application development by providing:
- One tool for all applications
- Intuitive user guidance
- Consistent user interface for all aspects of an automation project
- Protection of intellectual property
- Integrated protection of intellectual property through encryption and user libraries
- Application modules: Independent, autonomous applications from different projects on one controller
- Total freedom for software development
- Hardware-independent software development
- Versatile programming in IEC 61131-3, C, C++ and CFC languages
- Automatic code generation e.g. from MATLAB/Simulink, MapleSim...
- Unrestricted use of libraries representing 1,000 man-years of experience
- Integrated remote access
- Comprehensive remote diagnostics
- Intelligent software update mechanisms
The only future-proof solution is an open solution. Openness allows you to work with the tools you are most comfortable using. It allows machines to communicate effortlessly with external systems, and by facilitating the reuse of existing software for future solutions, it frees up valuable time to get your product to market faster. B&R offers openness on all levels and in all products.
Automatic code generation
Algorithms and control loops developed in specialized tools can be very quickly and accurately implemented in control programs with automatic code generation. B&R offers a number of certified interfaces e.g. to MATLAB/Simulink or MapleSim.
The interface to Simulink is very simple to use. The input/output variables on the controller are simply defined in Simulink. The full power of Simulink is then available to the control program and also the controller component.