ETA210.0100-100 – Open- and closed-loop control
This ETA system is controlled using an X20 CPU module. A balanced configuration with analog and digital input and output modules makes it easy to handle a wide variety of test and exercise situations. For example, the square illuminated ring keys can be used to control and demonstrate various machine functions. The integrated simulation panel provides users with a temperature control system that allows realistic simulation of heating and cooling processes. Potentiometers and seven-segment displays allow processing of analog input and output signals. The system's features are rounded off by toggle switches and LEDs that make it possible to work with digital input and output signals.
- Areas of application and features:
- State-of-the-art control technology
- I/O system with analog and digital modules
- User interaction via simulation panel
- Closed loop control via temperature control system
The X20 system is a highly modern controller that can be integrated in any network. The X20 CPU has one POWERLINK interface, one Ethernet interface, two USB interfaces and an interface to the remote backplane for connecting remote I/O modules and drives.
Digital and analog input and output modules and square illuminated ring keys are connected via remote backplane and POWERLINK to the X20 CPU.
The simulation panel, which is connected to the X20 system I/O modules, allows user input via toggle switches and represents digital output signals via LED status indicators. Two potentiometers are used to input analog signals and two seven-segment displays are used to display analog outputs.
The closed loop temperature control system integrated in the simulation panel allows realistic interaction with closed loop control technology. A digital output or an analog signal is used to control a heating element. Feedback is implemented via a PT1000 temperature sensor. A digital output or an analog signal can be used to control a fan, which is used in the controlled system for cooling.
A digital input module, a digital output module and the square illuminated ring keys are connected to the controller via remote backplane. The digital input and output channels are connected with the simulation panel allowing the built-in toggle switches and LED status indicators to be used.
All other digital and analog I/O modules are connected to the controller via POWERLINK. The I/O channels of the controller are in turn connected to the simulation panel to provide access to the built-in potentiometers and encoders as well as the heating and cooling elements of the temperature control system.
A separate X20 Ethernet hub is used to connect to a PC or other ETA systems.
- CategoryDescriptionModel numberElectromechanicsOpen- and closed-loop controlETA210.0100-100Required B&R componentsStandard B&R components required for operation B&R components are needed to use this ETA system. The required components are listed in the table.AccessoriesA connection cable is needed for the connection between the ETA system and the PC as well as for connecting several ETA systems.Dimensions (L x W x H)390 mm x 390 mm x 390 mm