ETA540.0101-100 – Safe motion control
Integrated safe motion control allows machine manufacturers to implement new functions and provides additional freedom for the mechanical design. This ETA system demonstrates the benefits of safe motion control. The SafeMC functionality in the PLCopen Safety library provides a large number of safe drive operations and monitoring possibilities. For example, the built-in hardware switch allows the safe homing function to be used.
This ETA system is designed as an "extension".
- Areas of application and features:
- Demonstration of the principles of integrated safe motion control
- Demonstration of the integrated safety functions
- STO, STO1, SOS
- SS1, SS2
- SLS, SMS
- SLI, SLP, SMP
- Setting up and configuring safe axes
- Creating a safety application with safe drive functions
- Using PLCopen Safety function blocks
- Safe referencing via hardware limit switches
- Commissioning, network communication, diagnostics and software updates
The ACOPOSmulti inverter with SafeMC module is connected with a POWERLINK bus coupler. A safe input module that is installed after the bus coupler is connected with a two-channel reference switch. A motor with a safe EnDat encoder is controlled via the ACOPOSmulti inverter with SafeMC module.
"ETA510.0102-100 – Integrated safety technology" is well-suited for operation of this ETA system. The two ETA systems are connected via a POWERLINK cable.
- CategoryDescriptionModel numberElectromechanicsSafe motion controlETA540.0101-100Required B&R standard componentsStandard B&R components required for operation B&R components are needed to use this ETA system. The required components are listed in the table.AccessoriesA connection cable is needed for the connection between the ETA system and the PC as well as for connecting several ETA systems.Dimensions (L x W x H)390 mm x 390 mm x 390 mm