ETA510.0102-100 – Integrated safety technology
Safety technology is an integral part of modern machines. In this ETA system, a SafeLOGIC controller has been installed as safety controller in addition to an X20 controller. The X20 controller and the SafeLOGIC controller are connected via POWERLINK. Safety-related data is exchanged using the openSAFETY protocol. In addition to the X20 I/O modules, X20 safety modules are also installed. They are used to control the safety components integrated in the ETA system. This ETA system includes safety functions such as a light curtain, a mode selector switch, an enable switch and an E-stop button.
- Areas of application and features:
- PLCopen programming
- Configuring and setting parameters for safety components
- Integrated light curtain with dedicated OSSD signal
- Mode selector switch and discrepancy time
- Safe enable switch
- E-stop button and equivalence
- Switching safe actuators with switching frequency monitoring
- Safety-certified I/O modules
- Multi-channel evaluation
- Creating safety applications
Many standardized function blocks for implementing safety functions are included in the PLCopen Safety library. With this ETA system, the SF_ESPE, SF_EmergencyStop, SF_OutControl, SF_ModeSelector, SF_Antivalent and SF_Equivalent function blocks can be tested directly on the hardware.
Multiple digital input signals and the corresponding test signals can be configured and used, for example to evaluate a multi-channel, electromechanical switch, in addition to the integrated equivalence/antivalence analysis for the safe digital input modules.
With this ETA system, standard and safety application communication and the enabling principle can be used. Realistic applications, such as downloading the safety application via a routed network connection or acknowledging new software versions and hardware modules on the SafeLOGIC controller demonstrate the functionality of B&R's integrated safety solution in real-world situations.
The X20 CPU executes the standard application. The SafeLOGIC modules, I/O modules and safe I/O modules are connected via POWERLINK. The safe modules are connected to a light curtain, an E-stop button, a safe enable switch and a multi-channel mode selector switch. A safe output and relay are used to switch on the safety function, in this case a fan.
- CategoryDescriptionModel numberElectromechanicsIntegrated safety technologyETA510.0102-100Required B&R standard componentsStandard B&R components required for operation B&R components are needed to use this ETA system. The required components are listed in the table.AccessoriesA connection cable is needed for the connection between the ETA system and the PC as well as for connecting several ETA systems.Dimensions (L x H x W)390 mm x 390 mm x 390 mm