MapleSim creates a highly accurate, dynamic model of the machine based on CAD data in STEP format. Since all forces and torques are modeled in detail, the model can be used as a digital twin for component sizing. Automation Studio MapleSim provides a simple approach for mechanical models. It also provides a selection of basic components in the areas of electrical engineering, hydraulics and thermodynamics that facilitate the modeling of physical interactions.
Automation Studio MapleSim provides two apps that facilitate efficient use of the digital twin in the development process.
- Fast and easy model creation
- Simulation model directly from CAD data
- C-code of the simulation model as FMU 2.0
- Selection of various fixed-step solvers
- Interdisciplinary development
- Integrate simulation model into Automation Studio project via FMU import
- Simulate control parameters, temperature behavior of the drive and machine load in the development environment
- 3D Scene Viewer file for Automation Studio
- Motor sizing based on simulation model
- Drive sizing based on simulation model
- Create dynamic movements for sizing using the 1D motion generation app.
- Create torque profile
- Create speed profile
- Export profile for SERVOsoft