B&R France is looking for a new Technical Office Manager for its Saint-Priest site (Lyon).
As Technical Office Manager, you will be a real technical referent for your team and our customers on their automation projects.
- Your responsibilities
- You will be managing the local technical team "Application, Product & Support, Training", under the direction of the Sales Office Manager. You will manage and support them to increase their skills and train them to our processes.
- You will support the sales activity, technically but also in designing systems and solutions. You will be able to carry out software and/or hardware demonstrations.
- You will determine resources, priorities, and the tasks agenda in close collaboration with the Sales Office Manager.
- You will be involved in the application implementation and development of projects with the sales and technical team for our customers:
- Support in the start-up phase by reviewing technical specifications
- Advising clients, making technical recommendations, and proposing innovative automation architectures
- Assistance in the commissioning phase
- Carrying out tests
- Training customers in the use of B&R systems
- You will ensure that you provide a quality customer service and that the services delivered by B&R are offered to customers.
- You may travel in France or in another country for different projects and have exchanges with the parent company in Austria.
- Your background
- You are an engineer graduated with a specialization in automation, mechatronics, robotics, electrical engineering, or industrial computing.
- One year of experience in a similar position would be a plus.
- You have a solid knowledge of automation ("hard" and "soft") and programming IEC 61131-3, C/C++.
- You are sensitive to new digital technologies (Industrial IoT, Cloud, simulation).
- You are autonomous, you have a taste for the field, tenacity, a real ability to adapt, an interest in innovation, a sense of customer service and above all teamwork.
- You have an operational level of French and English (German is a plus)
- An exciting and meaningful job in an international high-tech company
- The opportunity to actively contribute and drive ideas forward
- A motivated team with whom you can master every challenge together
- Our unique B&R spirit characterized by appreciation and communication at eye level
- Customized training and development programs in our Automation Academy
- Opportunities to progress to high-potential positions in connection with our customers.
The application can be submitted in English or French.
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. In particular B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. The innovative spirit that keeps B&R at the forefront is driven by a commitment to exceeding customer expectations. B&R has enhanced its automation portfolio in 2020 by acquiring a leading provider of delta robots, Codian Robotics. B&R is part of the ABB Group and its Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, which, together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.