As an important interface within the company, purchasing offers the opportunity to actively contribute to the success of the business by sustainably reducing overall costs while complying with quality requirements. Working in close partnership with our suppliers is an essential part of our corporate philosophy. To expand our team and establish an independent purchasing department in China, we are looking for an experienced strategic buyer.
- Your responsibilities
- International, strategic supplier search and selection, including risk assessment, creation of tenders, and creation of individual and framework contracts.
- Supplier evaluation and development of approx. 100 international suppliers, including price negotiations and strategic decisions
- Benchmarks and market analyses, such as implementing benchmarks and market analyses for the assigned product groups in the global procurement market and market price assessments.
- Second level support for senior buyers in all matters, especially in the areas of inventory management, logistics and price negotiations
- Organization and implementation of regular supplier visits for procurement and quality management activities.
- Operational excellence: Identification of cost-cutting potential, execution of renegotiations, initiation of technical adjustments and changes in the production process
- Risk management, including market observations, benchmarking and market analyses for the appointed categories in Asia, and selection of suppliers
- Recruitment and formation of a team of local purchasing agents/senior buyers with the goal to create a self-sufficient office in 3 years
- Your background
- Graduate/post-graduate degree in an engineering discipline or finance/business administration, strong understanding of technical aspects.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in procurement for industrial automation, good knowledge of Asian supplier market, experience with Chinese suppliers.
- Strong negotiation skills, extensive contractual/legal knowledge.
- Good cultural understanding with excellent communication skills, structured, results oriented, self-driven, proactive, takes ownership.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Challenging area of responsibility with attractive fixed salary and performance-based variable part
- Hands-on mentality and an open, appreciative working atmosphere in a global high-tech company
- Respectful cooperation in a motivated team
- Varied and responsible tasks and topics with opportunities for development
Have we sparked you interest? The recruiting team at our headquarters in Austria is looking forward to receiving your application! email@example.com
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. In particular B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. The innovative spirit that keeps B&R at the forefront is driven by a commitment to exceeding customer expectations. B&R has enhanced its automation portfolio in 2020 by acquiring a leading provider of delta robots, Codian Robotics. B&R is part of the ABB Group and its Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, which, together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries.