Roswell, GA, United States
B&R Automation Team
B&R Industrial Automation is a leading developer and manufacturer of control systems for the industrial automation market. The company was founded in 1979 in Eggelsberg, Austria, and specializes in a complete range of innovative Programmable Controllers, Industrial PC’s, Operator Interfaces, Servo Drives and Motion Control products. The North American subsidiary, B&R Industrial Automation Corp., was founded in 1987 in Roswell, GA, and is responsible for all North American sales activities, as well as supporting our customers with engineering and technical expertise.
B&R North America is also supported by our regional offices in Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA, Minneapolis, MN, Appleton and Milwaukee, WI, as well as Toronto and Montreal in Canada. In addition, B&R goes to market through our automation partners, a distribution network consisting of independent companies, each with an exclusive B&R sales territory. B&R has over 3,000 employees worldwide and more than 200 sales offices in 70 countries. In June 2017, B&R was acquired by Asea, Brown, and Boveri (ABB), a worldwide technology leader based in Switzerland with over 132,000 employees and over $32B in annual sales.
B&R offers an excellent opportunity to work for an international company with a great working environment. You will be part of a fun, dynamic team and work closely with our Austrian headquarters, partners, customers, and B&R colleagues, as well as enjoy a mixture of travel and office time.
Upon hire, you will attend a 14-week training program in our office in Atlanta. In this program, one of our experienced engineers will lead you through a university level automation curriculum that includes:
- B&R Product Training
- Controls programming
- Motion physics and motion control programming
- Motor training, induction, servo and stepper motors
- Fieldbus systems and controls communications
- PID control
- Programmable safety
- Control program debugging and troubleshooting
After an initial period of lecture, the course includes lab projects that reinforce topics and teach applications such as temperature control, pick and place, gearing, and sort operations. A graduation trip to B&R’s headquarters in Austria ends the course! There you can see our manufacturing operations and the latest automation technologies under development.
After your initial training, you will assist both internal and external customers with the use and application of B&R products and technology. This involves:
- Answering product questions
- Troubleshooting, researching, reproducing, and resolving technical issues
- Assisting sales in qualification of customer needs and product specification
- Designing, building, and configuring demonstration hardware
- Developing and conducting in-depth presentations about new products
- Preparing and teaching technical education courses to external customers
- Customer site visits as a part of sales or support efforts
In addition, you’ll perform tasks related to the operation of the team – helping design, develop, and implement internal processes, managing department equipment, performing IT related support, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year college or university in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CMPE), Electrical Engineering (EE), or Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Application development experience in a high-level language, preferred ‘C’
- Interest and/or exposure in the following areas are preferred:
- Motion control systems
- IEC 61131 programming languages (ladder diagram, structured text)
- In-depth knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Visual Studio
- Real-time operating systems and programming in real-time environments
- Great interest in PC- and PLC-hardware applications, mechanical and electrical systems and physics
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer-service ethics
- Desire to work in an international team environment
- Creativity and ability to make decisions
Travel includes short notice service trips within the US (1-5 day duration, typically less than 3 days). These trips are the on the order one every 4-6 weeks. In addition, occasional training or internal meetings in Austria (~1/year); a valid US passport will be required.
This position entails domestic and international travel. Therefore, a valid passport is required.
Why join B&R?
- Excellent Benefits ~ Benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, paid time off, and employer match 401k retirement plan.
- Growing ~ B&R is the industry-leader in industrial automation and a member of the ABB Group (http://abb.com). ABB is investing €100 million in global innovation and training campus at B&R headquarters office in Austria.
- Awesome Work Environment ~ Be a part of a fun, dynamic team! Business to casual dress and open door policy for management. Recreational Room for down time.
- Leadership Support ~ Leadership is approachable, recognizes both individual and team performance, and will provide support that is needed to be successful!
- International Experience ~ B&R offers an excellent opportunity to work for an international company with opportunity for international travel.
- Have we sparked your interest? Please send a cover letter and resume to jobs.us@ br-automation.com