Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
The Finance and Operations Manager (FOM) is an integral part of B&R Industrial Automation’s Management team, acting as the copilot to the Country Managing Director. The Finance and Operations Manager is responsible for implementing financial and operational excellence and should demonstrate exceptional abilities to drive operations in a manner that optimizes both organizational efficiency and the best customer experience. This role requires the ability to skillfully drive financial performance within an assigned country and to support effective business decision-making. The Finance and Operations Manager is additionally responsible for driving the definition and implementation of processes and standards within the assigned country to ensure operational performance.
- Your main responsibilities include:
- Finance: Responsible for accurate accounting and reporting, as well as the proper implementation of internal control standards. Additional financial responsibilities include direct management of taxes, treasury, insurance, credit, and B&R facilities
- Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE): Manages HSE compliance and reporting.
- Legal & Integrity: Provides support of contracts, NDAs, and frame agreements. Navigates disputes and collection, as well as the overall maintenance of compliance with ABB integrity requirements and applicable local rules and regulations.
- Operational HR: Facilitates payroll and benefits administration and the oversight of all employee policies, controls and processes travel related expenses, and calculate bonus and incentive payments.
- Strategy: Contributes to the definition of the financial strategy for the subsidiary. Serves as the key partner for the Country Managing Director in determining strategy for area of responsibility.
- Optimization: Leads cross-functional initiatives that support strategic goals. Drives definition and implementation of standards and business-specific guidelines to ensure continuous improvement within areas of responsibility. Is also responsible for cost control within different areas of the company.
- People: Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Representation: Acts as the interface to B&R headquarters regarding financial and operational functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration.
- CMA or CPA designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Industrial Automation organization is preferred.
- Profound knowledge of operations and finance.
- Maintain a wide array of organizational responsibilities.
- Manage and form an organization to successfully deal with ongoing growth and complexity.
- Implement responsibilities in a lean and effective manner.
- Strong knowledge of SAP.
- Excellent English Language and communication skills, both written and oral.
- A valid passport is required.
- Legal authorization to work in Canada. We will not sponsor individuals for employment Visas now or in the future for this job opening.
B&R offers an excellent opportunity to work for an international company with a great working environment. You will be part of a fun, dynamic team and work closely with our Austrian headquarters, partners, customers and B&R colleagues, as well as enjoy a mixture of travel and office time.
If you think that you have what it takes to accept this great position, we want to talk to you!
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability, Life and Accidental Death, and Group RSP company matching plan