Lombard, IL, United States
B&R Industrial Automation is a leading developer and manufacturer of control systems for the industrial automation market. The company was founded in 1979 in Eggelsberg, Austria, and specializes in a complete range of innovative Programmable Controllers, Industrial PC’s, Operator Interfaces, Servo Drives and Motion Control products. The North American subsidiary, B&R Industrial Automation Corp., was founded in 1987 in Roswell, GA, and is responsible for all North American sales activities, as well as supporting our customers with engineering and technical expertise.
B&R North America is also supported by our regional offices in Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Boston, MA; Appleton and Milwaukee, WI; as well as Toronto and Montreal in Canada. In addition, B&R goes to market through our automation partners, a distribution network consisting of independent companies, each with an exclusive B&R sales territory. B&R has over 3,000 employees worldwide and more than 200 sales offices in 70 countries. In June 2017, B&R was acquired by Asea, Brown, and Boveri (ABB), a worldwide technology leader based in Switzerland with over 132,000 employees and over $32B in annual sales.
B&R is currently looking for a highly motivated candidate to join the Client Relations team in Lombard, Ilinois.
The Client Relations team performs an inside sales function to support the sales force of B&R North America. You will work closely with sales, engineering, logistics, and the business units to facilitate a positive customer experience, as well as an efficient and streamlined work environment. In this role, you will act as a liaison for our customers to provide assistance with their various needs and inquiries, both in the pre- and post-sales phases. The core mission of the Client Relations team is to support our sales force, so they may stay focused on selling and winning new customers.
B&R offers an excellent opportunity to work for an international company with a great reputation. You will be part of a fun, dynamic team, focused on providing support to our sales teams. In preparation for the role, B&R offers an intensive training program that includes product knowledge, logistics processes, and sales support tools and resources.
- Customer Relations
- Develop close relations with key customer accounts by processing their orders, reviewing the status of their open orders and deliveries regularly, communicating with the main purchasing contact person, and addressing any logistical issues or needs.
- Act as liaison between the customer, sales team, logistics, engineering, management, business units, and the headquarters in Austria to facilitate a positive customer experience.
- Help manage purchasing/stocking agreements between the customer and B&R. Review related forecast information from the customer and communicate with the planning department at the headquarters in Austria.
- Sales Support
- Respond promptly to phone and email inquiries from the sales team regarding processes, products, or resources, so they may perform their role with maximum efficiency.
- Generate customer quotations.
- Assist the sales team by configuring and releasing B&R product devices in preparation for order processing.
- Coordinate demo hardware for the sales teams.
- Provide, organize, and/or create reference documentation as resources for customers, as well as internal procedural documentation.
- Assist the sales team with large blanket orders and review the status on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate the consignment of hardware for trial purposes.
- Assist the sales team by maintaining price lists for some international or large customers.
- Provide the sales team with sales analyses, quality and repair overviews, or delivery performance reports upon request.
- Other Client Relations tasks
- Convert standard pricing documents from EUR to USD.
- Provide phone and order processing support to the logistics team.
- Provide support and back-up to various departments when members are out of the office.
- Attend trade shows in a support capacity to the sales and marketing teams.
- Attend sales workshops and webinars; review sales notices and documentation, etc. for continuing education and self-study.
- Customer service experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Bachelor of Science or Art) or Associate’s Degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills • Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and as a part of a decentralized Client Relations team
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude with a focus on continually improving performance
- Background in science or engineering a plus, but not required
- Experience with SAP beneficial, but not required
- Domestic and international travel; up to 20% in North America; occasional International
If you think that you have what it takes to accept this great position, we want to talk to you!
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org