Roswell, GA, United States
With more than 3,400 employees and 200 offices worldwide, B&R Industrial Automation Corporation is one of the largest and most successful companies in industrial automation. We offer first-class control, drive, industrial PC, and visualization solutions, continuing to set new standards within the automation industry.
B&R was founded in Eggelsberg, Austria in 1979 and rapidly became a global company. In 1987, the North American headquarters was founded in Roswell, GA, which is the epicenter for all North American B&R sales activities. In 2017, B&R Industrial Automation became part of ABB Group, further enabling B&R to continue its trajectory of growth and success.
B&R is currently looking for a highly-motivated candidate to lead the Client Relations Team at our North American Headquarters, located in Roswell, GA
The Client Relations team performs an inside sales function to support the sales force of B&R North America, working closely with sales, engineering, logistics, and the business units to facilitate a positive customer experience and a streamlined work environment.
As the Client Relations Team Lead, you will be responsible for alignment and standardization of processes and procedures among the Client Relations personnel, who are regionally dispersed across the U.S. You will translate the business objectives from the executive and regional management levels to define the vision, identity, infrastructure, and day-to-day activities of the Client Relations team. The position is a leadership role with both direct report employees and dotted line responsibility for others.
- Team Management:
- Develop and champion the vision and identity for the Client Relations role within the company.
- Translate objectives from management into the team’s infrastructure, workflow, and activities.
- Encourage collaborative atmosphere for the sharing of ideas.
- Provide consistent platforms and avenues for communication within the team.
- Monitor and assess performance of the individual Client Relations personnel and the team workload distribution to maintain high level of service.
- Communicate with managers to align the Client Relations activities with the regional needs.
- Manage a group email inbox and make assignments as needed for timely responses.
- Generate and distribute KPI and status reports for the purpose of transparency and accountability.
- Execute and maintain a standard training plan for all new Client Relations personnel.
- Provide, organize, and/or create reference documentation for internal procedures.
- HR responsibility for the North America HQ Client Relations personnel in the Roswell, GA office, as well as a few administrative office personnel.
- Sales Support:
- Contribute to the development and management of the sales strategy and trajectory of complex customer relationships.
- Assist the sales team with navigation of internal procedures to facilitate a smooth progression at various stages of the sales cycle.
- Assist the sales team by building quotations, establishing price structures, and finalizing the customer’s bill of materials in preparation for order processing.
- Conduct and/or participate in customer meetings independently or alongside sales team.
- Attend trade shows in a support capacity to the sales and marketing teams.
- Provide the sales team with sales, quality, repair, or delivery performance reports.
- Customer Service:
- Involvement with strategic key customer conversations as needed to support and further the efforts of the Client Relations personnel.
- Develop close relations with key customer accounts by processing their orders, reviewing the status of their open orders and deliveries regularly, communicating with the main purchasing contact person, and addressing any logistical issues or needs.
- Act as liaison between the customer, sales team, logistics, engineering, management, business units, and the headquarters in Austria to facilitate a positive customer experience.
- Product Awareness:
- Develop a familiarity with B&R product groups, technical capabilities, customer applications, industry trends, and emerging innovations in the industrial automation market.
- Execute basic product support, referencing intercompany resources.
- Foster a natural curiosity and drive to expand one’s technical, product, and industry knowledge.
- 2 years customer service experience required
- Collaborative leadership style
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Effective problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills Positive attitude with a focus on continually improving performance
- Background in science/engineering or an interest in technology innovation beneficial
- Experience with SAP beneficial, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree preferred Domestic and international travel; up to 5% in North America; occasional International
If you think that you have what it takes to accept this great position, we want to talk to you!
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Life and Accidental Death, 401K.