Sant Cugat del Vallés (Barcelona), Spain
We are Austria's leading AUTOMATION SYSTEMS manufacturer.
With more than 2650 employees and a worldwide sales network in 75 countries, we are among the most innovative and expansive in the industry. Our first-class control and drive solutions, as well as industrial PC and visualization systems, set new standards in industrial automation.
In the role of Application Engineer, your main duty will be to implement software applications in automation in an industrial environment. The Application Engineer performs a variety of tasks related to address our customer’s software applications into the B&R automation platform:
- Review automation application needs and document requirements
- Estimate implementation effort to develop automation applications
- Create project plans
- Develop and document control application designs
- Program automation applications
- Develop formal test plans and scripts, then execute testing
- Troubleshoot and resolve application issues
- Track and report project status
- Support our customers during commissioning
- Travel to customer locations to resolve technical problems
As Application Engineer you will be responsible for many other tasks. This position is responsible for materials specification, design, development and commissioning customer-specific software solutions. You will also perform service calls on direct projects or other engineers’ projects as needed. You will be involved in supporting projects that will include existing systems and integrating new solutions involving PLCs, industrial computers, process instrumentation, I/Os, HMI and other devices.
Previously to your final placement in Barcelona area, you will be given intensive training during several months in B&R products and systems. Our training Camp is located at our headquarters in Eggelsberg, Austria. As automation trainee at our Engineering Camp, you will profit from extensive and effective training in the following areas:
- Control technology
- Project management
- Motion control
- Soft skills
During this Engineering Camp you will develop the necessary skills to begin designing concepts for new applications, supervising trainees, managing projects, and training less experienced engineers. You will advance your engineering skills by working with an exciting variety of real-life applications and gain knowledge in the interdisciplinary fields of mechanical and electrical systems.
- We expect:
- Good programming skills in high-level language, preferred C / C++
- Practical experience in software projects
- Immense interest in PC and PLC programming, real–time environments, motion control
- A solid technical education (Ing. Tec. o Superior)
- Good communication skills (native Spanish and high level of English is mandatory), as a plus (Catalan, German)
- A solution-oriented approach, Creativity and the ability to work as a part of a team
- Willingness to travel
We offer performance-based pay and the potential to develope in a private company with dynamic growth and the use of the highest technology in the field of industrial automation.