B&R's versatile industrial transport systems let you move products through your production line more efficiently while simultaneously improving quality. Based on long-stator linear motors, B&R's next-generation industrial transport solutions make production lines more flexible, more reliable and faster.
In place of belts and chains, products are transported along the track on independently-controlled shuttles. With control resolution down to 10 µm, the nearly frictionless shuttle movement enables implementation of highly precise production processes.
B&R's versatile transport systems are specially developed for industrial applications and offer an unprecedented level of robustness. They are constructed with IP65 dust and water protection and smooth surfaces that are easy to clean. They are also certified for use in clean rooms. The industrial-grade design ensures high availability and reliable 24/7 operation.
By eliminating the need for buffer zones, they allow for a substantial reduction in track length compared to conventional belt conveyors. They also make much more efficient use of the remaining space by utilizing curve sections and incorporating reverse movements. Products can be transported flexibly and independently and then grouped together at a station to be processed as a batch. Overall, the production process can be accelerated by up to 50% for a significant boost in productivity.
Short changeover times make a huge difference in day-to-day operation. Change products or formats with a tap on your HMI screen. Downtime for mechanical changeover can often be eliminated entirely. Adding or removing shuttles is also extremely fast and easy.
B&R's versatile transport systems can be fully integrated. This not only reduces the overall footprint of the but also improves processing precision. Individual processes can be perfectly coordinated with one another. External devices like robots can be synchronized in hard real time. High-precision processing is even possible on curve segments.
Shorter cycle times compared to conventional conveyors
- Higher operating speeds
- Precision braking and acceleration
- No need for buffer zones
- Product movement controlled independently and individually
Smaller footprint, less hardware
- No need for buffer zones
- High degree of integration
- High power density
- Efficient utilization of track, including curves and reverse movements
Through maximum precision – even on curve segments
- Shuttles controlled individually with extreme precision
- Synchronize robotics
- Impeccable surface quality by preventing product collisions
Improved ease of use
- Operator protection in accordance with applicable safety regulations
- Fast product changeover
- Quickly add or remove shuttles
- Replace track segments quickly and easily – without having to dismantle the entire track
- than conventional belt conveyors thanks to magnet technology
Less downtime and lower energy consumption
- Less downtime:
+ Fewer moving parts
+ Shorter MTTR
+ Fast product changeover
- Reduce waste by disabling defective, redundant stations
- Fewer pneumatic components substantially reduced energy consumption
- Shuttle braking energy is recovered