SOT410.1A – Remote Training: Single-Axis Motion Integration
B&R USA has finished pilot evaluation and has rolled out an online training option. The seminars utilize the ARSim functionality to allow customers to learn with and practice the same exercises covered by the in-person seminars and are split into two weeks of half day sessions. To ensure the same level of one-on-one interaction, the trainings are delivered via GoToTraining to allow the instructor to present as well as debug any software or coding issues a trainee might encounter.
- You’ll be able to configure servo hardware and initialize motion parameters.
- You’ll be able to diagnose axis errors and auto-tune the axis using the motion test environment built into Automation Studio.
- You’ll be able to set up drive and motor simulation.
- You’ll be able to use the latest motion library provided in Automation Studio to quickly start axis movement.
- You’ll be able to understand the motion control concept by following a state diagram.
- Must allow remote control and public display of computer using GoToTraining
- User must have full administer control of computer and Automation Studio installed
- Each user must allow for a 1-on-1 “preparation” session the week before class
- Must have duel monitors. One for Automation Studio, one for presentation
- Each participant commit to full attendance for each training day
- TM400 – Introduction to Motion Control
In general, motion control encompasses a broad range of components used to control motion sequences. This training module provides an overview of the different types of motors and encoders as well as the necessary electronics and software.Learning objectives and contents
TM410 – Working with Integrated Motion Control
- Core aspects of a mechatronic drive solution
- The basic requirements of a drive system
- Electric motors
- Position encoder
- Drive mechanics and power transmission
- The B&R drive solution
- Typical topologies, product overview, software access and decision-making guidelines
- Introduction to the topic of drive sizing
The entire B&R motion control product line is fully integrated in Automation Studio. The drive configuration, programming, commissioning and diagnostics can therefore all be performed using a single tool. A high-performance simulation environment extends the many functions that are available.Objectives and content
TM440 – Motion Control: Basic Functions
- Understanding drive hardware and software
- Adding and configuring drives in Automation Studio
- Components of the motion control system
- Commissioning and diagnostics environment
- Command interface
- Parameter management
- Recording drive data in real time
- Determining control parameters using autotuning
- Commissioning preparations
- Drive and motor simulation
PLCopen-compliant standard libraries are used to program drive functions. The included function blocks can be used for all B&R drive components.Objectives and content
- Introduction to the mapp technology concept
- Using the MpAxis configuration
- Integration in the control project
- Switch on the controller, homing, perform base movements.
- Overview of PLCopen standard and PLCopen state diagram
- Overview of drive states, error evaluation and diagnostics
- Configuration of axis factor and axis period
- Saving and loading the drive configuration
- Status evaluation in the application program
- Transferring setpoint values cyclically
- Overview of the ACP10_MC library
- SEM210.4A – Automation Studio Training: Accelerated Basics in Control and Visualization
- You’ll be able to use the programming tool Automation Studio and its help system.
- You’ll be able to configure hardware functions and set up CPU simulation.
- You’ll be able to configure the target’s network options and use Target Browser to find the target.
- You’ll be able to create, compile, and transfer project to target. Ladder Diagram will be the language of choice for the basic courses, but the instructor can provide guidance for using Structured Text or ANSI C.
- You’ll be able to manage variable declaration and data retention.
- You’ll be able to use standard functions (e.g. compare and compute) and function blocks (e.g. timers and counters) in Ladder Diagram.
- You’ll be able to store project source files on the target.
- You’ll be able to utilize common Automation Runtime features, such as cycle time adjustment.
- You’ll be able to use System Diagnostics Manager, Runtime Utility Center, and Automation Studio to troubleshoot hardware issues and diagnose software bugs.
- You’ll be able to integrate template-based basic visualization into a control project.
- You’ll be able to display visualization on a VNC client.
- You’ll be able to display webpages, such as user’s manual in HTML format, in visualization.
- You’ll be able to change the display language on the HMI and systematically update the translation.
- You’ll be able to control the visibility of an HMI page's layer in runtime.
- You’ll be able to program and activate touch screen calibration.
B&R HQ: Roswell
1250 Northmeadow Parkway
30076 Roswell, GA
For pricing information please contact your sales representative