SEM210.4A – Automation Studio Training: Accelerated Basics in Control and Visualization
- You’ll be able to use the programming tool Automation Studio and its help system.
- You’ll be able to configure hardware functions and set up CPU simulation.
- You’ll be able to configure the target’s network options and use Target Browser to find the target.
- You’ll be able to create, compile, and transfer project to target. Ladder Diagram will be the language of choice for the basic courses, but the instructor can provide guidance for using Structured Text or ANSI C.
- You’ll be able to manage variable declaration and data retention.
- You’ll be able to use standard functions (e.g. compare and compute) and function blocks (e.g. timers and counters) in Ladder Diagram.
- You’ll be able to store project source files on the target.
- You’ll be able to utilize common Automation Runtime features, such as cycle time adjustment.
- You’ll be able to use System Diagnostics Manager, Runtime Utility Center, and Automation Studio to troubleshoot hardware issues and diagnose software bugs.
- You’ll be able to integrate template-based basic visualization into a control project.
- You’ll be able to display visualization on a VNC client.
- You’ll be able to display webpages, such as user’s manual in HTML format, in visualization.
- You’ll be able to change the display language on the HMI and systematically update the translation.
- You’ll be able to control the visibility of an HMI page's layer in runtime.
- You’ll be able to program and activate touch screen calibration.
- TM920 – Diagnostics and service
Errors from many different sources can lead to machine downtime. Fortunately, there are also many ways to troubleshoot the immediate surroundings and control system. B&R's website and user's manuals provide all of the information needed to do this effectively.Objectives and content
- B&R system overview and topologies
- Sources of errors on machines
- Diagnostics without a PC
- Diagnostics using the System Diagnostics Manager
- Runtime Utility Center
- Module replacement and documentation
- Functions of the B&R website
- Exercise examples and their application
Serial numbers and model numbers
Checklist for B&R contact
B&R user's manuals
Maintenance guidelines for B&R systems
Ordering replacement parts and contacting the manufacturer
Backing up and restoring
Online connection and instruction listsTM210 – Working with Automation Studio
Automation Studio is the universal engineering tool used to program and configure all B&R products. The emphasis here is placed on configuration, programming, commissioning and diagnostics of the B&R automation components.Learning objectives and contents
TM213 – Automation Runtime
- Installation and licensing
- Creating and opening projects
- Working with the simulation environment
- Getting to know the user interface
- Setting up hardware configurations
- Module configuration and I/O mapping
- Installation and initial startup
- Establishing an online connection
- Overview of programming methods
- Variable declaration file
- Installing software updates
Automation Runtime is the uniform runtime environment for all B&R controllers. It is used to configure the hardware, run the application software and prepare communication and diagnostics interfaces.Learning objectives and contents
TM223 – Automation Studio Diagnostics
- Requirements and properties of a real-time operating system
- Installation and commissioning
- Memory management and types of memory
- Automation Runtime startup behavior
- Initialization of programs and data during startup
- Cyclic program sequence and scheduling
- Transferring and updating programs
- I/O management
- Timing configuration
- Diagnostic functions in Automation Runtime
Powerful diagnostic tools are an integral part of software development for a machine that accompany it throughout its service life. Having such tools integrated directly in Automation Studio and the runtime system means always having the necessary data on hand for programming and maintenance.Learning objectives and contents
TM240 – Ladder Diagram (LD)
- Overview of integrated diagnostic tools
- Selecting the correct diagnostic tools
- Reading system information
- Operating modes and the logbook
- Creating user log entries
- Observing and analyzing process values
- Reading and writing process values
- Recording data in a real-time context
- Analyzing I/O states and forcing
- Software analysis during programming
- Debugging and profiling
- Using variables in programs
- Web-based System Diagnostics Manager
- Querying and displaying the operating status
- Runtime Utility Center
Ladder Diagram is a widely used programming language for control systems. Logical connections are simple to program, and the graphical user interface provides a clear platform for performing diagnostics.Objectives and content
TM610 – Working with Integrated Visualization
- Ladder Diagram features and editor functions
- Networks and their order of execution
- Overview of the different contacts and coils
- Programming binary logic
- Controlling program flow and jump instructions
- Calling functions, actions and function blocks
- Compute and Compare
- Many exercises for better understanding
- Diagnostic interface for visual programming languages
Visual Components is a powerful yet versatile tool within Automation Studio for designing dynamic HMI applications that allow operators to clearly and intuitively view even the most complex real-life industrial processes in graphic form. A visual editor and rich selection of pre-designed controls open up virtually unlimited design possibilities.Objectives and content
- Introduction to Visual Components
- Creating an initial visualization application
- Working with the Visual Components editor
- Workspace, visualization structure and help system
- Creating your own visualization application
- Managing variables and data points
- The layering method when designing pages
- Displaying and entering process values
- Creating static and dynamic text
- Language and unit switching
- Touch and keypad operation
- Using graphic objects
939 Parkview Blvd
60148 Lombard, IL
B&R HQ: Roswell
1250 Northmeadow Parkway
30076 Roswell, GA
For pricing information please contact your sales representative