Constantly increasing product variation demands on-the-fly production changeovers. Mechatronic solutions with servo motors make for easier setup and faster changeover times than would be possible with older, purely mechanical technology.
Safely integrated motion control provides optimal access for operators performing maintenance while also improving reliability and productivity, particularly for inline machines.
Filling with µs synchronization
The B&R automation platform can control both gravimetric (level-based) and volumetric (flow-based) filling processes with real-time synchronization of the valves and sensors involved. POWERLINK and NetTime provide µs synchronization that meets even the most demanding market requirements.
Running both power and data through a slip ring
Distributed control and drive components are often mounted on a part of the machine that rotates. These machines rely on a slip ring to connect the power supply and control voltage. POWERLINK and openSAFETY guarantee connectivity, not only of the control data at a certified rate of 100 Mbit/s, but also of the 24 V power supply and 750 VDC bus for distributed servo drives.
Safe motion control
Ensuring maximum safety during maintenance requires safety functions that are implemented directly on the drive, including Safely Limited Speed (SLS), Safe Direction (SDI), Safe Operating Stop (SOS) and Safe Torque Off (STO). openSAFETY guarantees safe motion control up to SIL 3 in accordance with IEC EN 62061 or PLe, Category 4 in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1.
Additional information about the extensive range of B&R safety functions:
Controlled axis-synchronized stopping
The intelligent B&R ACOPOSmulti motion control system automatically detects dips in the primary power supply and initiates an emergency shutdown. The kinetic energy that remains in the motors is used to maintain automation functionality until the system reaches a complete stop. The ACOPOSmulti's active power supply module generates 24 VDC for the controllers, I/O modules and drives – eliminating the need for a UPS. The intelligent solutions from B&R prevent production wastage and eliminate the time-consuming process of getting the plant up and running again after a power failure.
- Direct drives for star wheel and carousel motors
- Simple integration of IP67 door locks
- Stainless steel HMI panels with hygienic design
- Stainless steel servo motors with hygienic design
- Mechatronic machine design with distributed automation solutions
- X67 and X20 I/O
- Safe motion control and Smart Safe Reaction
- B&R reduces response times to 7 ms, compared to 80 ms for conventional solutions.
- Predictive maintenance: Integrated vibration signature analysis for condition monitoring
- Integrated vision inspection via POWERLINK
- RFID access control for machine operators
- OMAC PackML conformity
- SDM – Web-based diagnostics with an unprecedented level of detail
- The ultimate solution for maintenance tasks
- On-site or remote access
- No training required
- No programming tool
- Low costs
- Efficient software development