Appleton, WI, USA
This position will report directly to the Territory Manager in the Appleton, WI office.
In the role of sales engineer you will implement automation applications under the supervision of experienced engineers and sales engineers. You will advance your engineering skills into becoming a B&R sales engineer by working with an exciting program that adds a variety of real-life applications and training while utilizing your current knowledge of your field of study.
The extensive development program that B&R has in store for will allow you to be successful in your new position. You will go through several stages of training which includes: B&R engineering camp, application engineering, interaction with different offices and departments, and finally spending time in our B&R sales camp.
Your hands-on projects will include optimizing existing systems and integrating new solutions involving PLCs, industrial computers, process instrumentation, project management and other control devices. This position is responsible for materials specification, design, development, and commissioning customer-specific software solutions using PLC and HMI programming.
You will be able to take all you have learned and provide our customers with state-of-the-art automation solutions.
Overall, the Sales Engineer performs a variety of tasks related to addressing our customer’s application of the B&R automation platform:
- Growing sales of B&R's complete product range in the Appleton, WI area by working on new and existing sales opportunities
- Meet/Increase sales quotas at existing customers through exceptional sales support as well as the introduction of new/existing products and services
- Expand customer base through the development and execution of a Target Account Business Plan
- Develop market intelligence and document this knowledge in B&R’s CRM system (Customer Relationship Management System
- Working with the Marketing department to promote sales efforts
- Promoting and selling B&R product and engineering capabilities
- Attending trade shows to seek out potential customers and to represent B&R at these shows
- Identifying, defining, and developing the best technical solution and strategy for customer applications
- Holding in-depth technical presentations and discussions with the customers
- Attending yearly sales meetings and workshops
- Position requires local travel on a daily basis within the specified territory
- Position may require other domestic and international travel up to 15%
- Minimum 3 Years automation sales experience
B&R will provide you extensive product and sales training that will guide you, step by step, as you enter into your sales engineer position.
- Engineering background/degree required. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mechatronics Engineering ** Specialization in Mechatronics is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and presentational skills
- Experience in motion control preferred
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death Insured
Join the Automation Team
A training phase is provided at the beginning of your assignment to ensure that you are properly prepared for this position. We offer performance-based pay and varied advancement possibilities at our dynamically expanding private company.
Send us your resume and we’ll get started.