B&R mapp Technology is revolutionizing the development of application software in the field of automation. These modular software blocks simplify the development of new programs and reduce the development time for new machines and systems by an average of 67%.
When it comes to engineering new machines and systems, software development is becoming an increasingly significant time and cost factor. Nevertheless, the lion's share of this work is spent on programming basic functions like loading recipe data.
67% faster development time
- B&R mapp Technology handles these recurring programming tasks by providing preconfigured blocks – basic functions – that are easy to use and that have already been extensively tested. Programmers can then concentrate on their main task: implementing machine processes in the application software.The mapp components are seamlessly integrated into the B&R Automation Studio development environment. What sets mapp blocks apart is that they are extremely easy to configure and relieve the developer of having to program every single detail.They make it possible, for example, to put multi-axis systems coupled with cam profiles, electronic gears or various robot kinematics into operation in a matter of just a couple hours.
Increased machine availability
mapp blocks are seamlessly integrated into B&R's automation software landscape. This means that any developer who works with B&R Automation Studio can implement B&R mapp Technology components to make their work easier and their application software clearer. The end results speak for themselves: increased machine availability, lower maintenance costs and much easier team collaboration.
Reduced investment risk
mapp function blocks have been developed from the experience gained by B&R in implementing hundreds of thousands of automation solutions all around the world. This makes them extremely reliable. With mapp, machine downtime due to programming errors is a thing of the past. The investment risks are drastically reduced.
Lower maintenance costs
In addition, efficiency is increased and maintenance costs are reduced by using mapp blocks that have been field-tested in thousands of applications as well as the fact that they are maintained by B&R. mapp Technology also comes with full documentation and help functions to round off the toolkit. And when all else fails, B&R's expert support team can always be counted on.
Extensive list of functions
- When B&R mapp Technology was introduced, more than 70 mapp blocks were available. These already made it possible to design software solutions for many extremely complex functions with less effort. We're not about to rest, though. B&R developers and maintenance specialists all around the world continue to expand the portfolio of mapp blocks to meet the demands of the future as well. This technology's complete integration into B&R Automation Studio means that all of the new functions will be available through a simple update.
- Single- and multi-axis functions
- CNC and robotics functions
- Recipe and alarm functions
- User management and Audit Trail
- Industry standards (e.g. PackML)
- Extensive web diagnostics
- And much more...