Optimized temperature control
Temperature control made easy
In addition, users can make use of fully automatic controller tuning at the operating point. Multi-zone controller tuning allows automatic synchronization with the slowest zone.
Other new functions include:
- Load balancing for PWM signal generation
- Generation of a temperature setpoint with the output of the corresponding feed-forward signals
- Solution sample of multi-zone temperature control on a 5-zone extruder
Important industrial subprocess
Regulating the temperature of a medium is a challenging subprocess in many industrial applications. Heating and cooling processes often take hours, creating very slow sluggish system dynamics. A significant dead time can occur between the actuator and the measurement due to thermal conduction, for instance.
A further challenge is that the heating bands or cooling units typically lie next to each other and influence each other – resulting in a MIMO system.
- Unknown system parameters: The system parameters are not well known and can change during operation.
- Differing system dynamics: Because the heating process fundamentally differs from the cooling process, it can be expected that the system dynamics are also different.
All these factors demand an extremely efficient and robust control design. B&R offers the right solution with its software packages.