Safety technology is an integral part of modern machines. In this ETA system, a SafeLOGIC controller has been installed as safety controller in addition to an X20 controller. The X20 controller and the SafeLOGIC controller are connected via POWERLINK. Safety-related data is exchanged using the openSAFETY protocol. In addition to the X20 I/O modules, X20 safety modules are also installed. They are used to control the safety components integrated in the ETA system. This ETA system includes safety functions such as a light grid, a mode selector switch, an enable switch and an E-stop button.
- Areas of application and features:
- PLCopen programming
- Many standardized function blocks for implementing safety functions are included in the PLCopen Safety library. With this ETA system, the SF_ESPE, SF_EmergencyStop, SF_OutControl, SF_ModeSelector, SF_Antivalent and SF_Equivalent function blocks can be tested directly on the hardware.
- Configuring and setting parameters for safety components
- Integrated light grid with dedicated OSSD signal
- Mode selector switch and discrepancy time
- Safe enable switch
- E-stop button and equivalence
- Switching safe actuators with switching frequency monitoring
- Safety-certified I/O modules
- Multi-channel evaluation
- Multiple digital input signals and the corresponding test signals can be configured and used, for example to evaluate a multi-channel, electromechanical switch, in addition to the integrated equivalence/antivalence analysis for the safe digital input modules.
- Creating safety applications
- With this ETA system, standard and safety application communication and the enabling principle can be used. Realistic applications, such as downloading the safety application via a routed network connection or acknowledging new software versions and hardware modules on the SafeLOGIC controller demonstrate the functionality of B&R's integrated safety solution in real-world situations.
The X20 CPU executes the standard application. The SafeLOGIC modules, I/O modules and safe I/O modules are connected via POWERLINK. The safe modules are connected to a light grid, an E-stop button, a safe enable switch and a multi-channel mode selector switch. A safe output and relay are used to switch on the safety function, in this case a fan.